Los Angeles @ Phoenix
Regular Season Records: Los Angeles 1-0; Phoenix 51-21
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns will be returning home after a two-game road trip. After a few days' rest for both teams, they and the Los Angeles Lakers will meet up at 3:30 p.m. ET May 23 at Phoenix Suns Arena. Contestboth teams experienced a bit of a scare in their previous contestboth teams experienced a bit of a scare in their previous but managed to pull out a pair of wins.
Phoenix skirted by the San Antonio Spurs 123-121 last week thanks to a clutch 30-foot three from shooting guard E'Twaun Moore with 0:02 left to play. Moore and point guard Jevon Carter were among the main playmakers for the Suns as the former had 22 points and the latter almost dropped a triple-double on 19 points, ten rebounds, and nine dimes. Moore had some trouble finding his footing against San Antonio in the teams' previous meeting earlier this month, so this was a step in the right direction. Moore's points were the most he has had all year.
Speaking of close games: Los Angeles earned some postseason bragging rights after a successful outing this past Wednesday. They came out on top in a nail-biter against the Golden State Warriors, sneaking past 103-100. The victory came about thanks to a strong surge after the half to overcome a 55-42 deficit. Los Angeles' small forward LeBron James was one of the most active players for the squad, posting a triple-double on 22 points, 11 boards, and ten assists. LBJ now has six triple-doubles this season.
Phoenix is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten San Antonio April 17 easily too and instead slipped up with a 111-85. In other words, don't count the Lakers out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Phoenix Suns Arena -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: ABC
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Suns are a slight 2-point favorite against the Lakers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Lakers as a 1-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won 13 out of their last 22 games against Phoenix.
- May 09, 2021 - Los Angeles 123 vs. Phoenix 110
- Mar 21, 2021 - Phoenix 111 vs. Los Angeles 94
- Mar 02, 2021 - Phoenix 114 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Feb 10, 2020 - Los Angeles 125 vs. Phoenix 100
- Jan 01, 2020 - Los Angeles 117 vs. Phoenix 107
- Nov 12, 2019 - Los Angeles 123 vs. Phoenix 115
- Mar 02, 2019 - Phoenix 118 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Jan 27, 2019 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Phoenix 102
- Dec 02, 2018 - Los Angeles 120 vs. Phoenix 96
- Oct 24, 2018 - Los Angeles 131 vs. Phoenix 113
- Feb 06, 2018 - Los Angeles 112 vs. Phoenix 93
- Nov 17, 2017 - Phoenix 122 vs. Los Angeles 113
- Nov 13, 2017 - Los Angeles 100 vs. Phoenix 93
- Oct 20, 2017 - Los Angeles 132 vs. Phoenix 130
- Mar 09, 2017 - Los Angeles 122 vs. Phoenix 110
- Feb 15, 2017 - Phoenix 137 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Dec 09, 2016 - Phoenix 119 vs. Los Angeles 115
- Nov 06, 2016 - Los Angeles 119 vs. Phoenix 108
- Mar 23, 2016 - Phoenix 119 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Mar 18, 2016 - Phoenix 95 vs. Los Angeles 90
- Jan 03, 2016 - Los Angeles 97 vs. Phoenix 77
- Nov 16, 2015 - Phoenix 120 vs. Los Angeles 101
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Anthony Davis: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)