Through 1 Quarter
The Phoenix Suns are ahead after one, as expected, but they'll have to keep working the rest of the way. It's still tight after one quarter, with Phoenix leading 28-23 over the Denver Nuggets.
The Suns haven't had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to six points or fewer. Denver has been led by center Nikola Jokic, who so far has eight points and four assists along with five rebounds.
Denver @ Phoenix
Regular Season Records: Denver 0-1; Phoenix 1-0
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns and the Denver Nuggets will battle for a spot in the playoff semifinals at 9:30 p.m. ET June 9 at Phoenix Suns Arena. The Suns should still be feeling good after a win, while Denver will be looking to regain their footing.
Phoenix is hoping for another victory. They took down Denver 122-105 on Monday. Phoenix's success was spearheaded by the efforts of small forward Mikal Bridges, who had 23 points and five assists along with five rebounds, and point guard Chris Paul, who posted a double-double on 21 points and 11 dimes in addition to six boards.
Phoenix is the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a four-game streak of ATS wins.
Two offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Suns rank second in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 49% on the season. The Nuggets are not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they come into the contest boasting the fourth highest field goal percentage in the league at 48.50%. This one is shaping up to be an exciting offensive shootout.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Phoenix Suns Arena -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $170.00
The Suns are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Nuggets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 6-point favorite.
Denver have won 17 out of their last 23 games against Phoenix.
- Jun 07, 2021 - Phoenix 122 vs. Denver 105
- Jan 23, 2021 - Denver 120 vs. Phoenix 112
- Jan 22, 2021 - Denver 130 vs. Phoenix 126
- Jan 01, 2021 - Phoenix 106 vs. Denver 103
- Feb 08, 2020 - Denver 117 vs. Phoenix 108
- Dec 23, 2019 - Denver 113 vs. Phoenix 111
- Nov 24, 2019 - Denver 116 vs. Phoenix 104
- Oct 25, 2019 - Denver 108 vs. Phoenix 107
- Jan 25, 2019 - Denver 132 vs. Phoenix 95
- Jan 12, 2019 - Phoenix 102 vs. Denver 93
- Dec 29, 2018 - Denver 122 vs. Phoenix 118
- Oct 20, 2018 - Denver 119 vs. Phoenix 91
- Feb 10, 2018 - Denver 123 vs. Phoenix 113
- Jan 19, 2018 - Phoenix 108 vs. Denver 100
- Jan 03, 2018 - Denver 134 vs. Phoenix 111
- Jan 28, 2017 - Denver 123 vs. Phoenix 112
- Jan 26, 2017 - Denver 127 vs. Phoenix 120
- Nov 27, 2016 - Denver 120 vs. Phoenix 114
- Nov 16, 2016 - Denver 120 vs. Phoenix 104
- Mar 10, 2016 - Denver 116 vs. Phoenix 98
- Dec 23, 2015 - Denver 104 vs. Phoenix 96
- Nov 20, 2015 - Phoenix 114 vs. Denver 107
- Nov 14, 2015 - Phoenix 105 vs. Denver 81
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Denver
- PJ Dozier: Out (Groin)
- Jamal Murray: Out for the Season (Knee)