Through 3 Quarters
The Phoenix Suns are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they've been expecting. Either team is in a position to win, but they lead against the Detroit Pistons 87-81.
Center Deandre Ayton has led the way so far for the Suns, as he has dropped a double-double on 15 points and 11 boards. One thing to keep an eye out for is Landry Shamet's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Detroit has been led by power forward Jerami Grant, who so far has 29 points along with four rebounds.
the Pistons have lost 94% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Detroit @ Phoenix
Current Records: Detroit 4-17; Phoenix 18-3
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns' homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Detroit Pistons at 9 p.m. ET Dec. 2 at Footprint Center. The Suns are out to keep their nine-game home win streak alive.
Phoenix bagged a 104-96 victory over the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday. Phoenix's center Deandre Ayton was one of the most active players for the team, posting a double-double on 24 points and 11 boards.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Detroit and the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday was not particularly close, with the Pistons falling 110-92. Detroit was down 83-62 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Power forward Jerami Grant had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 35 minutes with 4-for-14 shooting and five turnovers.
Phoenix is the favorite in this one, with an expected 12-point margin of victory. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Phoenix's win lifted them to 18-3 while Detroit's defeat dropped them down to 4-17. If Phoenix want to win on Thursday, they will need to focus on stopping the Pistons' shooting guard Cade Cunningham, who shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 26 points and seven rebounds, and center Isaiah Stewart, who dropped a double-double on 15 points and 14 rebounds. We'll see whether or not they are up to the challenge.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Bally Sports - Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $10.67
The Suns are a big 12-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 12.5-point favorite.
Detroit have won ten out of their last 12 games against Phoenix.
- Feb 05, 2021 - Phoenix 109 vs. Detroit 92
- Jan 08, 2021 - Detroit 110 vs. Phoenix 105
- Feb 28, 2020 - Detroit 113 vs. Phoenix 111
- Feb 05, 2020 - Detroit 116 vs. Phoenix 108
- Mar 21, 2019 - Detroit 118 vs. Phoenix 98
- Nov 25, 2018 - Detroit 118 vs. Phoenix 107
- Mar 20, 2018 - Detroit 115 vs. Phoenix 88
- Nov 29, 2017 - Detroit 131 vs. Phoenix 107
- Mar 19, 2017 - Detroit 112 vs. Phoenix 95
- Nov 09, 2016 - Phoenix 107 vs. Detroit 100
- Dec 02, 2015 - Detroit 127 vs. Phoenix 122
- Nov 06, 2015 - Detroit 100 vs. Phoenix 92
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
- Devin Booker: Out (Hamstring)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Detroit
- Chris Smith: Out (Knee)
- Kelly Olynyk: Out (Knee)