Oklahoma City @ Phoenix
Current Records: Oklahoma City 7-9; Phoenix 8-7
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder are on the road again Wednesday and play against the Phoenix Suns at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 27 at PHX Arena. Oklahoma City will be strutting in after a win while Phoenix will be stumbling in from a loss.
On Monday, the Thunder narrowly escaped with a victory as the squad sidled past the Portland Trail Blazers 125-122. Shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (24 points) and Center Mike Muscala (23 points) were the top scorers for Oklahoma City. Muscala hadn't helped his team much against the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday, so this was a nice turnaround for him. Mike Muscala's points were the most he has had all year.
Meanwhile, Phoenix fought the good fight in their overtime contest against the Denver Nuggets this past Saturday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 120-112. Phoenix's defeat came about despite a quality game from point guard Chris Paul, who almost posted a triple-double on 21 points, 13 dimes, and nine boards.
Oklahoma City isn't expected to pull this one out, but with the spread at only 6.5, it might come down to a lucky bounce or two. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it's been tough sledding overall. They are 7-3 ATS in away games but only 9-7 all in all.
Phoenix's defeat took them down to 8-7 while Oklahoma City's victory pulled them up to 7-9. On Monday the Thunder relied heavily on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who had 24 points and six assists in addition to nine rebounds. It will be up to Phoenix's defense to limit his damage.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: PHX Arena -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Fox Sports - Arizona
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Suns are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 6-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won 13 out of their last 17 games against Phoenix.
- Aug 10, 2020 - Phoenix 128 vs. Oklahoma City 101
- Jan 31, 2020 - Oklahoma City 111 vs. Phoenix 107
- Dec 20, 2019 - Oklahoma City 126 vs. Phoenix 108
- Dec 28, 2018 - Oklahoma City 118 vs. Phoenix 102
- Nov 17, 2018 - Oklahoma City 110 vs. Phoenix 100
- Nov 12, 2018 - Oklahoma City 118 vs. Phoenix 101
- Oct 28, 2018 - Oklahoma City 117 vs. Phoenix 110
- Mar 08, 2018 - Oklahoma City 115 vs. Phoenix 87
- Mar 02, 2018 - Oklahoma City 124 vs. Phoenix 116
- Jan 07, 2018 - Phoenix 114 vs. Oklahoma City 100
- Apr 07, 2017 - Phoenix 120 vs. Oklahoma City 99
- Mar 03, 2017 - Phoenix 118 vs. Oklahoma City 111
- Dec 17, 2016 - Oklahoma City 114 vs. Phoenix 101
- Oct 28, 2016 - Oklahoma City 113 vs. Phoenix 110
- Feb 08, 2016 - Oklahoma City 122 vs. Phoenix 106
- Dec 31, 2015 - Oklahoma City 110 vs. Phoenix 106
- Nov 08, 2015 - Oklahoma City 124 vs. Phoenix 103