Portland @ Phoenix
Current Records: Portland 41-29; Phoenix 48-21
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Phoenix Suns are heading back home. They will take on the Portland Trail Blazers at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday at Phoenix Suns Arena. If the game is anything like Phoenix's 127-121 win from their previous meeting in March, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The Suns were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Tuesday as they fell 122-116 to the Golden State Warriors. Despite the defeat, Phoenix got a solid performance out of shooting guard Devin Booker, who had 34 points along with seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, Portland beat the Utah Jazz 105-98 on Wednesday. It was another big night for Rip City's point guard Damian Lillard, who had 30 points and six assists. Dame's night made it six games in a row in which he has scored at least 30 points.
Portland is now 41-29 while Phoenix sits at 48-21. Both teams are in the playoff hunt, so this is a critical matchup. The Suns are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the San Antonio Spurs April 17 easily too and instead slipped up with a 111-85. In other words, don't count Rip City out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Phoenix Suns Arena -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Suns are a slight 2-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Suns as a 5.5-point favorite.
Portland have won 13 out of their last 20 games against Phoenix.
- Mar 11, 2021 - Phoenix 127 vs. Portland 121
- Feb 22, 2021 - Phoenix 132 vs. Portland 100
- Mar 10, 2020 - Portland 121 vs. Phoenix 105
- Mar 06, 2020 - Phoenix 127 vs. Portland 117
- Dec 30, 2019 - Phoenix 122 vs. Portland 116
- Dec 16, 2019 - Portland 111 vs. Phoenix 110
- Mar 09, 2019 - Portland 127 vs. Phoenix 120
- Jan 24, 2019 - Portland 120 vs. Phoenix 106
- Dec 06, 2018 - Portland 108 vs. Phoenix 86
- Feb 24, 2018 - Portland 106 vs. Phoenix 104
- Jan 16, 2018 - Portland 118 vs. Phoenix 111
- Oct 28, 2017 - Portland 114 vs. Phoenix 107
- Oct 18, 2017 - Portland 124 vs. Phoenix 76
- Apr 01, 2017 - Portland 130 vs. Phoenix 117
- Mar 12, 2017 - Portland 110 vs. Phoenix 101
- Nov 08, 2016 - Portland 124 vs. Phoenix 121
- Nov 02, 2016 - Phoenix 118 vs. Portland 115
- Dec 11, 2015 - Portland 106 vs. Phoenix 96
- Oct 31, 2015 - Phoenix 101 vs. Portland 90
- Oct 30, 2015 - Phoenix 110 vs. Portland 92
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Cameron Johnson: Out (Wrist)
- Deandre Ayton: Out (Knee)
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Portland
- Nassir Little: Out (Back)
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)