Golden State @ Phoenix
Current Records: Golden State 10-8; Phoenix 8-8
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns are 3-17 against the Golden State Warriors since November of 2015, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Thursday. They will face off at 10 p.m. ET Jan. 28 at PHX Arena without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. Phoenix is out to stop a four-game streak of losses at home.
The point spread favored the Suns on Wednesday, but luck did not. They were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap as they fell 102-97 to the Oklahoma City Thunder. Phoenix was up 32-17 at the end of the first quarter but couldn't hold on to the lead. Small forward Mikal Bridges had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only seven points on 3-for-13 shooting in his 31 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the game between Golden State and the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday was still a pretty decisive one as Golden State wrapped it up with a 123-111 victory at home. Golden State got their win on the backs of several key players, and it was shooting guard Damion Lee out in front picking up 17 points.
The Suns are now 8-8 while the Warriors sit at 10-8. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Phoenix is fifth worst in the league in fouls per game, with 21.5 on average. To make matters even worse for Phoenix, Golden State enters the matchup with 22.2 fouls drawn per game on average, which is the best in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: PHX Arena -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Suns are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 1-point favorite.
Golden State have won 17 out of their last 20 games against Phoenix.
- Feb 29, 2020 - Golden State 115 vs. Phoenix 99
- Feb 12, 2020 - Phoenix 112 vs. Golden State 106
- Dec 27, 2019 - Golden State 105 vs. Phoenix 96
- Oct 30, 2019 - Phoenix 121 vs. Golden State 110
- Mar 10, 2019 - Phoenix 115 vs. Golden State 111
- Feb 08, 2019 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 107
- Dec 31, 2018 - Golden State 132 vs. Phoenix 109
- Oct 22, 2018 - Golden State 123 vs. Phoenix 103
- Apr 08, 2018 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 100
- Apr 01, 2018 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 107
- Mar 17, 2018 - Golden State 124 vs. Phoenix 109
- Feb 12, 2018 - Golden State 129 vs. Phoenix 83
- Apr 05, 2017 - Golden State 120 vs. Phoenix 111
- Dec 03, 2016 - Golden State 138 vs. Phoenix 109
- Nov 13, 2016 - Golden State 133 vs. Phoenix 120
- Oct 30, 2016 - Golden State 106 vs. Phoenix 100
- Mar 12, 2016 - Golden State 123 vs. Phoenix 116
- Feb 10, 2016 - Golden State 112 vs. Phoenix 104
- Dec 16, 2015 - Golden State 128 vs. Phoenix 103
- Nov 27, 2015 - Golden State 135 vs. Phoenix 116