Golden State @ Phoenix
Current Records: Golden State 19-17; Phoenix 23-11
What to Know
After three games on the road, the Phoenix Suns are heading back home. Phoenix and the Golden State Warriors will face off in a Pacific Division battle at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday at PHX Arena. The Suns will be strutting in after a win while Golden State will be stumbling in from a loss.
Phoenix beat the Los Angeles Lakers 114-104 on Tuesday. Phoenix's small forward Mikal Bridges filled up the stat sheet, picking up 19 points and five assists along with six rebounds.
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for the Dubs as they fell 108-106 to the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday. The contest was as close as the oddsmakers predicted, but Golden State had been the slight favorite coming in. Point guard Stephen Curry put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 35 points and five assists in addition to seven boards.
This next matchup looks promising for the Suns, who are favored by a full 11.5 points. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Phoenix's victory brought them up to 23-11 while the Dubs' defeat pulled them down to 19-17. Two defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Phoenix comes into the game boasting the third fewest points allowed per game in the league at 107.4. As for Golden State, they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 44.10%, which places them second in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: PHX Arena -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Fox Sports - Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Suns are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Suns as a 6-point favorite.
Golden State have won 17 out of their last 21 games against Phoenix.
- Jan 28, 2021 - Phoenix 114 vs. Golden State 93
- Feb 29, 2020 - Golden State 115 vs. Phoenix 99
- Feb 12, 2020 - Phoenix 112 vs. Golden State 106
- Dec 27, 2019 - Golden State 105 vs. Phoenix 96
- Oct 30, 2019 - Phoenix 121 vs. Golden State 110
- Mar 10, 2019 - Phoenix 115 vs. Golden State 111
- Feb 08, 2019 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 107
- Dec 31, 2018 - Golden State 132 vs. Phoenix 109
- Oct 22, 2018 - Golden State 123 vs. Phoenix 103
- Apr 08, 2018 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 100
- Apr 01, 2018 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 107
- Mar 17, 2018 - Golden State 124 vs. Phoenix 109
- Feb 12, 2018 - Golden State 129 vs. Phoenix 83
- Apr 05, 2017 - Golden State 120 vs. Phoenix 111
- Dec 03, 2016 - Golden State 138 vs. Phoenix 109
- Nov 13, 2016 - Golden State 133 vs. Phoenix 120
- Oct 30, 2016 - Golden State 106 vs. Phoenix 100
- Mar 12, 2016 - Golden State 123 vs. Phoenix 116
- Feb 10, 2016 - Golden State 112 vs. Phoenix 104
- Dec 16, 2015 - Golden State 128 vs. Phoenix 103
- Nov 27, 2015 - Golden State 135 vs. Phoenix 116
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Cameron Johnson: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Golden State
- Stephen Curry: Out (Rest)
- Draymond Green: Out (Ankle)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: Out (Wrist)
- Marquese Chriss: Out for the Season (Lower Leg)
- Klay Thompson: Out for the Season (Achilles)