Charlotte @ Minnesota
Current Records: Charlotte 16-18; Minnesota 7-28
What to Know
This Wednesday, the Minnesota Timberwolves are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 116.49 points per matchup. They will take on the Charlotte Hornets at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Target Center after having had a few days off. The point spread is more or less neutral, so fans should expect a close game.
The contest between Minnesota and the Phoenix Suns on Sunday was not a total blowout, but with the Timberwolves falling 118-99 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. The top scorer for Minnesota was shooting guard Anthony Edwards (24 points).
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 59-59 at halftime, but Charlotte was not quite the Portland Trail Blazers' equal in the second half when they met on Monday. Charlotte took a 123-111 bruising from Portland. Despite the defeat, the Hornets got a solid performance out of point guard LaMelo Ball, who shot 5-for-7 from downtown and finished with 30 points, eight dimes and six boards.
The losses put the Timberwolves at 7-28 and Charlotte at 16-18. Minnesota is 5-22 after losses this year, Charlotte 9-8.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Fox Sports - North
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Hornets are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Timberwolves as a 1-point favorite.
Charlotte have won seven out of their last 11 games against Minnesota.
- Feb 12, 2021 - Charlotte 120 vs. Minnesota 114
- Feb 12, 2020 - Charlotte 115 vs. Minnesota 108
- Oct 25, 2019 - Minnesota 121 vs. Charlotte 99
- Mar 21, 2019 - Charlotte 113 vs. Minnesota 106
- Dec 05, 2018 - Minnesota 121 vs. Charlotte 104
- Nov 20, 2017 - Charlotte 118 vs. Minnesota 102
- Nov 05, 2017 - Minnesota 112 vs. Charlotte 94
- Dec 03, 2016 - Minnesota 125 vs. Charlotte 120
- Nov 15, 2016 - Charlotte 115 vs. Minnesota 108
- Mar 07, 2016 - Charlotte 108 vs. Minnesota 103
- Nov 10, 2015 - Charlotte 104 vs. Minnesota 95
Injury Report for Minnesota
- D'Angelo Russell: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Grant Riller: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Cody Zeller: Out (Hip)
- Devonte' Graham: Out (Kneecap)