Through 3 Quarters
Down six at the end of last quarter, the Portland Trail Blazers have now snagged the lead. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Memphis Grizzlies as the Trail Blazers lead 87-77. Portland took a hit to their ego this past Monday, so a victory here would be a pleasant pick-me-up.
Rip City's offense has come from several players so far. Nurkic had some trouble finding his footing against the Los Angeles Clippers, so this is a step in the right direction.
Rip City and Memphis have certainly played as if they're avenging a loss, because they are. The Trail Blazers just need to hang on one more quarter to get back on their feet.
Memphis @ Portland
Current Records: Memphis 2-1; Portland 1-2
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies will hit the road for the third straight game as they head to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday. The neutral point spread forecasts a close one for these two.
The Grizz was close but no cigar on Sunday as they fell 121-118 to the Los Angeles Lakers. The losing side was boosted by point guard Ja Morant, who shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 40 points and ten assists.
Meanwhile, the Portland Trail Blazers have to be hurting after a devastating 116-86 defeat at the hands of the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday. Portland was down 91-61 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Point guard Damian Lillard had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with 12 points on 4-for-15 shooting and turning the ball over four times in his 27 minutes on the court.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $7.00
The Trail Blazers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Grizzlies, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Trail Blazers as a 2-point favorite.
Portland have won 11 out of their last 21 games against Memphis.
- Apr 28, 2021 - Portland 130 vs. Memphis 109
- Apr 25, 2021 - Memphis 120 vs. Portland 113
- Apr 23, 2021 - Memphis 130 vs. Portland 128
- Aug 15, 2020 - Portland 126 vs. Memphis 122
- Jul 31, 2020 - Portland 140 vs. Memphis 135
- Feb 12, 2020 - Memphis 111 vs. Portland 104
- Apr 03, 2019 - Portland 116 vs. Memphis 89
- Mar 05, 2019 - Memphis 120 vs. Portland 111
- Dec 19, 2018 - Portland 99 vs. Memphis 92
- Dec 12, 2018 - Memphis 92 vs. Portland 83
- Apr 01, 2018 - Portland 113 vs. Memphis 98
- Mar 28, 2018 - Memphis 108 vs. Portland 103
- Nov 20, 2017 - Portland 100 vs. Memphis 92
- Nov 07, 2017 - Memphis 98 vs. Portland 97
- Jan 27, 2017 - Portland 112 vs. Memphis 109
- Dec 08, 2016 - Memphis 88 vs. Portland 86
- Nov 06, 2016 - Portland 100 vs. Memphis 94
- Feb 08, 2016 - Portland 112 vs. Memphis 106
- Jan 04, 2016 - Memphis 91 vs. Portland 78
- Nov 13, 2015 - Memphis 101 vs. Portland 100
- Nov 05, 2015 - Portland 115 vs. Memphis 96
Injury Report for Portland
- Norman Powell: Out (Knee)
- Tony Snell: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Hand)