Through 3 Quarters
The experts predicted a defeat for the Sacramento Kings, but with just one quarter left to go, they seem like they might make the experts look bad. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Portland Trail Blazers 103-88 three quarters in.
Harrison Barnes has led the way so far for the Kings, as he has shot 6-for-8 from beyond the arc and has recorded 26 points and seven rebounds. Portland has been relying on Damian Lillard, who has dropped a double-double on 16 points and ten dimes along with five boards, and CJ McCollum, who has 21 points.
Sacramento @ Portland
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers are 16-5 against the Sacramento Kings since December of 2015, and they'll have a chance to extend that success on Wednesday. They will face off at 10 p.m. ET October 20th at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter to kick off their 2021 seasons. The Trail Blazers are coming off of a 42-30 season with hopes of advancing further than the first round of the playoffs, where they were eliminated by the Denver Nuggets 126-115 in game six. On the other hand, Sacramento missed the playoffs altogether last season and is looking forward to a clean start.
Portland is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. But these early season matchups can go either way as both teams get back into playing shape.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: NBC Sports California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.24
The Trail Blazers are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Trail Blazers as a 5.5-point favorite.
Portland have won 16 out of their last 21 games against Sacramento.
- Mar 04, 2021 - Portland 123 vs. Sacramento 119
- Jan 13, 2021 - Portland 132 vs. Sacramento 126
- Jan 09, 2021 - Portland 125 vs. Sacramento 99
- Mar 07, 2020 - Sacramento 123 vs. Portland 111
- Dec 04, 2019 - Portland 127 vs. Sacramento 116
- Nov 12, 2019 - Sacramento 107 vs. Portland 99
- Oct 25, 2019 - Portland 122 vs. Sacramento 112
- Apr 10, 2019 - Portland 136 vs. Sacramento 131
- Jan 14, 2019 - Sacramento 115 vs. Portland 107
- Jan 01, 2019 - Portland 113 vs. Sacramento 108
- Feb 27, 2018 - Portland 116 vs. Sacramento 99
- Feb 09, 2018 - Portland 118 vs. Sacramento 100
- Nov 18, 2017 - Portland 102 vs. Sacramento 90
- Nov 17, 2017 - Sacramento 86 vs. Portland 82
- Dec 28, 2016 - Portland 102 vs. Sacramento 89
- Dec 20, 2016 - Sacramento 126 vs. Portland 121
- Nov 11, 2016 - Portland 122 vs. Sacramento 120
- Apr 05, 2016 - Portland 115 vs. Sacramento 107
- Mar 28, 2016 - Portland 105 vs. Sacramento 93
- Jan 26, 2016 - Portland 112 vs. Sacramento 97
- Dec 27, 2015 - Portland 98 vs. Sacramento 94
Injury Report for Portland
- Tony Snell: Out (Foot)