San Antonio @ Portland
Current Records: San Antonio 32-34; Portland 38-29
What to Know
The San Antonio Spurs and the Portland Trail Blazers will face off at 10 p.m. ET May 8 at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
San Antonio beat the Sacramento Kings 113-104 this past Friday. The Spurs' success was spearheaded by the efforts of small forward DeMar DeRozan, who had 25 points along with six rebounds, and center Jakob Poeltl, who posted a double-double on 11 points and ten boards in addition to four blocks.
Meanwhile, Portland didn't have too much breathing room in their game with the Los Angeles Lakers this past Friday, but they still walked away with a 106-101 victory. Point guard Damian Lillard had a stellar game for the Trail Blazers as he shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 38 points and seven dimes. Dame's night made it three games in a row in which he has scored at least 32 points.
San Antonio is expected to lose this next one by 6. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it's been tough sledding overall. They are 22-10-1 ATS in away games but only 36-29-1 all in all.
San Antonio is now 32-34 while Portland sits at 38-29. The Spurs are 15-16 after wins this season, the Trail Blazers 21-16.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: Bally Sports - Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Trail Blazers are a solid 6-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Trail Blazers, as the game opened with the Trail Blazers as a 4.5-point favorite.
San Antonio have won 11 out of their last 19 games against Portland.
- Apr 16, 2021 - Portland 107 vs. San Antonio 106
- Jan 18, 2021 - San Antonio 125 vs. Portland 104
- Feb 06, 2020 - Portland 125 vs. San Antonio 117
- Nov 16, 2019 - Portland 121 vs. San Antonio 116
- Oct 28, 2019 - San Antonio 113 vs. Portland 110
- Mar 16, 2019 - San Antonio 108 vs. Portland 103
- Feb 07, 2019 - Portland 127 vs. San Antonio 118
- Dec 02, 2018 - San Antonio 131 vs. Portland 118
- Oct 20, 2018 - Portland 121 vs. San Antonio 108
- Apr 07, 2018 - San Antonio 116 vs. Portland 105
- Jan 07, 2018 - Portland 111 vs. San Antonio 110
- Dec 20, 2017 - San Antonio 93 vs. Portland 91
- Apr 10, 2017 - Portland 99 vs. San Antonio 98
- Mar 15, 2017 - Portland 110 vs. San Antonio 106
- Dec 30, 2016 - San Antonio 110 vs. Portland 94
- Dec 23, 2016 - San Antonio 110 vs. Portland 90
- Mar 17, 2016 - San Antonio 118 vs. Portland 110
- Nov 16, 2015 - San Antonio 93 vs. Portland 80
- Nov 11, 2015 - San Antonio 113 vs. Portland 101
Injury Report for Portland
- Carmelo Anthony: Out (Ankle)
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Trey Lyles: Out (Ankle)
- Derrick White: Out for the Season (Ankle)