Through 3 Quarters
Down six at the end of last quarter, the Golden State Warriors have now snagged the lead. a win is still up for grabs for either team after three quarters, but they are up 84-83 over the San Antonio SpursThe finale is shaping up to be a lot like these teams' last head-to-head, which was decided by four.
The Warriors have been led by small forward Otto Porter Jr., who so far has posted a double-double on 16 points and 13 boards. Porter Jr. hadn't helped his team much against the Boston Celtics last week, so this is a nice turnaround for him.
Both Golden State and San Antonio suffered losses in their previous contests, but Golden State is closer to making up for it. Golden State will have to keep the pressure on with a quarter to go.
San Antonio @ Golden State
Current Records: San Antonio 27-44; Golden State 47-23
What to Know
After a seven-game homestand, the San Antonio Spurs will be on the road. They will take on the Golden State Warriors at 8:30 p.m. ET Sunday at Chase Center. Both teams were wiped off the court in their previous games and will be looking to bounce back in a big way.
It's never fun to lose, and it's even less fun to lose 124-91, which was the final score in San Antonio's tilt against the New Orleans Pelicans this past Friday. San Antonio was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 64-33. Shooting guard Devin Vassell (18 points) and point guard Dejounte Murray (17 points) were the top scorers for the Spurs.
Meanwhile, things couldn't have gone much worse for Golden State as they lost 110-88 to the Boston Celtics this past Wednesday. A silver lining for the Dubs was the play of shooting guard Jordan Poole, who shot 6-for-13 from downtown and finished with 29 points.
San Antonio is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. Now might not be the best time to take San Antonio against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past four consecutive games.
San Antonio is now 27-44 while the Dubs sit at 47-23. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Spurs come into the game boasting the second fewest fouls per game in the league at 18.2. On the other end of the spectrum, the Warriors are fourth worst in the league in fouls per game, with 20.7 on average. Keep an eye on whether or not foul trouble puts the Dubs in a difficult position.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center -- San Francisco, California
- TV: Bally Sports - Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $120.00
The Warriors are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 6-point favorite.
Golden State have won 19 out of their last 30 games against San Antonio.
- Feb 01, 2022 - Golden State 124 vs. San Antonio 120
- Dec 04, 2021 - San Antonio 112 vs. Golden State 107
- Feb 09, 2021 - Golden State 114 vs. San Antonio 91
- Feb 08, 2021 - San Antonio 105 vs. Golden State 100
- Jan 20, 2021 - Golden State 121 vs. San Antonio 99
- Dec 31, 2019 - San Antonio 117 vs. Golden State 113
- Nov 01, 2019 - San Antonio 127 vs. Golden State 110
- Mar 18, 2019 - San Antonio 111 vs. Golden State 105
- Feb 06, 2019 - Golden State 141 vs. San Antonio 102
- Nov 18, 2018 - San Antonio 104 vs. Golden State 92
- Apr 24, 2018 - Golden State 99 vs. San Antonio 91
- Apr 22, 2018 - San Antonio 103 vs. Golden State 90
- Apr 19, 2018 - Golden State 110 vs. San Antonio 97
- Apr 16, 2018 - Golden State 116 vs. San Antonio 101
- Apr 14, 2018 - Golden State 113 vs. San Antonio 92
- Mar 19, 2018 - San Antonio 89 vs. Golden State 75
- Mar 08, 2018 - Golden State 110 vs. San Antonio 107
- Feb 10, 2018 - Golden State 122 vs. San Antonio 105
- Nov 02, 2017 - Golden State 112 vs. San Antonio 92
- May 22, 2017 - Golden State 129 vs. San Antonio 115
- May 20, 2017 - Golden State 120 vs. San Antonio 108
- May 16, 2017 - Golden State 136 vs. San Antonio 100
- May 14, 2017 - Golden State 113 vs. San Antonio 111
- Mar 29, 2017 - Golden State 110 vs. San Antonio 98
- Mar 11, 2017 - San Antonio 107 vs. Golden State 85
- Oct 25, 2016 - San Antonio 129 vs. Golden State 100
- Apr 10, 2016 - Golden State 92 vs. San Antonio 86
- Apr 07, 2016 - Golden State 112 vs. San Antonio 101
- Mar 19, 2016 - San Antonio 87 vs. Golden State 79
- Jan 25, 2016 - Golden State 120 vs. San Antonio 90
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Back)
- Gary Payton II: Out (Knee)
- Moses Moody: Out (Shoulder)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
- Stephen Curry: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Keita Bates-Diop: Out (Back)
- Lonnie Walker IV: Out (Back)
- Romeo Langford: Out (Hamstring)
- Doug McDermott: Out (Ankle)