Through 1 Quarter
Anything can happen in the Super Bowl, but so far the Milwaukee Bucks are out in front, as expected. They are way out in front after one quarter with a 29-16 lead over the Phoenix Suns.
The Bucks have been relying on the performance of power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, who has ten points along with six boards and one block. Phoenix has enjoyed the tag-team combination of point guard Cameron Payne and small forward Mikal Bridges. The former has five points, while the latter has two points.
The Suns might be down, but they've been down at the end of the first quarter 31 times this season and have won 61% of those games.
Phoenix @ Milwaukee
Regular Season Records: Phoenix 2-3; Milwaukee 3-2
What to Know
Cue the food, friends, and football rivalries: Super Bowl Sunday is only hours away. After a week of well-deserved rest, the Milwaukee Bucks and the Phoenix Suns will brawl for championship honors at Fiserv Forum at 9 p.m. ET. The Milwaukee Bucks should still be riding high after a victory, while the Phoenix Suns will be looking to right the ship.
The Bucks are hoping for another win. They skirted past Phoenix 123-119. The win came about thanks to a strong surge after the first quarter to overcome a 37-21 deficit. Milwaukee relied on the efforts of point guard Jrue Holiday, who dropped a double-double on 27 points and 13 dimes, and power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, who had 32 points and six assists in addition to nine boards.
Milwaukee is the favorite in this one, with an expected 4.5-point margin of victory. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Two offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Milwaukee enters the game with 120.1 points per game on average, which is the best in the league. Phoenix has displayed some offensive firepower of their own as they come into the contest boasting the second highest field goal percentage in the league at 49%.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Fiserv Forum -- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- TV: ABC
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $1,250.00
The Bucks are a 4.5-point favorite against the Suns, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bucks as a 5-point favorite.
Milwaukee have won ten out of their last 17 games against Phoenix.
- Jul 17, 2021 - Milwaukee 123 vs. Phoenix 119
- Jul 14, 2021 - Milwaukee 109 vs. Phoenix 103
- Jul 11, 2021 - Milwaukee 120 vs. Phoenix 100
- Jul 08, 2021 - Phoenix 118 vs. Milwaukee 108
- Jul 06, 2021 - Phoenix 118 vs. Milwaukee 105
- Apr 19, 2021 - Phoenix 128 vs. Milwaukee 127
- Feb 10, 2021 - Phoenix 125 vs. Milwaukee 124
- Mar 08, 2020 - Phoenix 140 vs. Milwaukee 131
- Feb 02, 2020 - Milwaukee 129 vs. Phoenix 108
- Mar 04, 2019 - Phoenix 114 vs. Milwaukee 105
- Nov 23, 2018 - Phoenix 116 vs. Milwaukee 114
- Jan 22, 2018 - Milwaukee 109 vs. Phoenix 105
- Nov 22, 2017 - Milwaukee 113 vs. Phoenix 107
- Feb 26, 2017 - Milwaukee 100 vs. Phoenix 96
- Feb 04, 2017 - Milwaukee 137 vs. Phoenix 112
- Mar 30, 2016 - Milwaukee 105 vs. Phoenix 94
- Dec 20, 2015 - Milwaukee 101 vs. Phoenix 95
Injury Report for Milwaukee
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo: Out (Covid-19)
- Donte DiVincenzo: Out for the Season (Foot)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Dario Saric: Out for the Season (Knee)