Denver @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Denver 29-18; Los Angeles 32-17
What to Know
The Denver Nuggets have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Los Angeles Clippers at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday at Staples Center. The Nuggets will be strutting in after a victory while Los Angeles will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Denver beat the Philadelphia 76ers 104-95 on Tuesday. The team accrued 68 points in the first half and coasted on those for the win. Denver's success was spearheaded by the efforts of point guard Jamal Murray, who shot 5-for-11 from beyond the arc and finished with 30 points and six rebounds, and small forward Michael Porter Jr., who shot 5-for-7 from downtown and finished with a double-double on 27 points and 12 boards.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles came up short against the Orlando Magic on Tuesday, falling 103-96. Los Angeles was up 51-37 at the end of the half but couldn't hold on to the lead. Los Angeles' loss came about despite a quality game from small forward Kawhi Leonard, who had 28 points and five assists along with five rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Nuggets are expected to win a tight contest. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
In the teams' previous meeting last December, Denver lost to the Clippers at home by a decisive 121-108 margin. Can Denver avenge their defeat, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We'll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nuggets are a slight 1-point favorite against the Clippers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Clippers as a 1-point favorite.
Denver have won 13 out of their last 25 games against Los Angeles.
- Dec 25, 2020 - Los Angeles 121 vs. Denver 108
- Sep 15, 2020 - Denver 104 vs. Los Angeles 89
- Sep 13, 2020 - Denver 111 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Sep 11, 2020 - Denver 111 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Sep 09, 2020 - Los Angeles 96 vs. Denver 85
- Sep 07, 2020 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Denver 107
- Sep 05, 2020 - Denver 110 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Sep 03, 2020 - Los Angeles 120 vs. Denver 97
- Aug 12, 2020 - Los Angeles 124 vs. Denver 111
- Feb 28, 2020 - Los Angeles 132 vs. Denver 103
- Jan 12, 2020 - Denver 114 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Feb 24, 2019 - Denver 123 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Jan 10, 2019 - Denver 121 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Dec 22, 2018 - Los Angeles 132 vs. Denver 111
- Oct 17, 2018 - Denver 107 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Apr 07, 2018 - Denver 134 vs. Los Angeles 115
- Feb 27, 2018 - Los Angeles 122 vs. Denver 120
- Jan 17, 2018 - Los Angeles 109 vs. Denver 104
- Mar 16, 2017 - Denver 129 vs. Los Angeles 114
- Jan 21, 2017 - Denver 123 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Dec 26, 2016 - Denver 106 vs. Los Angeles 102
- Dec 20, 2016 - Los Angeles 119 vs. Denver 102
- Mar 27, 2016 - Los Angeles 105 vs. Denver 90
- Feb 24, 2016 - Denver 87 vs. Los Angeles 81
- Nov 24, 2015 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Denver 94
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Paul George: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Rajon Rondo: Out (Groin)
- Serge Ibaka: Out (Back)
- Patrick Beverley: Out (Knee)
- Jay Scrubb: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Denver
- Monte Morris: Out (Quadriceps)