Washington @ Sacramento
Current Records: Washington 20-33; Sacramento 22-32
What to Know
The Washington Wizards have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Sacramento Kings and are hoping to record their first win since March 11 of 2019. The Wizards will hit the road for the sixth straight game as they head to Golden 1 Center at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday. They should still be riding high after a victory, while Sacramento will be looking to right the ship.
Things were close when Washington and the Utah Jazz clashed on Monday, but Washington ultimately edged out the opposition 125-121. It was another big night for Washington's point guard Russell Westbrook, who posted a triple-double on 25 points, 14 dimes, and 14 rebounds. That's the fifth consecutive matchup in which Westbrook has had at least 11 assists.
Meanwhile, Sacramento came up short against the New Orleans Pelicans on Monday, falling 117-110. The losing side was boosted by point guard De'Aaron Fox, who had 43 points and six assists in addition to six boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Wizards are expected to win a tight contest. But bettors beware: they are only 4-8 against the spread when favored.
Sacramento's defeat took them down to 22-32 while Washington's victory pulled them up to 20-33. Allowing an average of 118.67 points per game, the Kings haven't exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We'll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming contest.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center -- Sacramento, California
- TV: NBC Sports California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Wizards are a slight 2-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wizards as a 1.5-point favorite.
Washington have won six out of their last 11 games against Sacramento.
- Mar 17, 2021 - Sacramento 121 vs. Washington 119
- Mar 03, 2020 - Sacramento 133 vs. Washington 126
- Nov 24, 2019 - Sacramento 113 vs. Washington 106
- Mar 11, 2019 - Washington 121 vs. Sacramento 115
- Oct 26, 2018 - Sacramento 116 vs. Washington 112
- Nov 13, 2017 - Washington 110 vs. Sacramento 92
- Oct 29, 2017 - Washington 110 vs. Sacramento 83
- Mar 10, 2017 - Washington 130 vs. Sacramento 122
- Nov 28, 2016 - Washington 101 vs. Sacramento 95
- Mar 30, 2016 - Sacramento 120 vs. Washington 111
- Dec 21, 2015 - Washington 113 vs. Sacramento 99
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Buddy Hield: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Richaun Holmes: Out (Hamstring)
- Marvin Bagley III: Out (Hand)
Injury Report for Washington
- Jordan Bell: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Thomas Bryant: Out for the Season (Knee)