Utah @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Utah 42-14; Los Angeles 34-22
What to Know
The Utah Jazz have enjoyed the comforts of home their last five games, but now they must head out on the road. They will square off against the Los Angeles Lakers at 4:30 p.m. ET Saturday at Staples Center. The point spread is more or less neutral, so fans should expect a close contest.
The Jazz were able to grind out a solid victory over the Indiana Pacers on Friday, winning 119-111. The win came about thanks to a strong surge after the half to overcome a 69-56 deficit. Utah can attribute much of their success to center Rudy Gobert, who posted a double-double on 23 boards and 13 points along with four blocks, and small forward Bojan Bogdanovic, who had 24 points.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles came up short against the Boston Celtics on Thursday, falling 121-113. Los Angeles' loss came about despite a quality game from shooting guard Talen Horton-Tucker, who had 19 points and seven assists in addition to six rebounds. Horton-Tucker hadn't helped his team much against the Charlotte Hornets on Tuesday, so this was a nice turnaround for him. Horton-Tucker's points were the most he has had all year.
Utah's win brought them up to 42-14 while Los Angeles' defeat pulled them down to 34-22. Two defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Utah have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 44.50%, which places them second in the league. As for the Lakers, they come into the game boasting the second fewest points allowed per game in the league at 105.9.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a slight 1-point favorite against the Jazz, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Jazz as an 8.5-point favorite.
Utah have won 13 out of their last 19 games against Los Angeles.
- Feb 24, 2021 - Utah 114 vs. Los Angeles 89
- Aug 03, 2020 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Utah 108
- Dec 04, 2019 - Los Angeles 121 vs. Utah 96
- Oct 25, 2019 - Los Angeles 95 vs. Utah 86
- Apr 07, 2019 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Utah 109
- Mar 27, 2019 - Utah 115 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Jan 11, 2019 - Utah 113 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Nov 23, 2018 - Los Angeles 90 vs. Utah 83
- Apr 08, 2018 - Utah 112 vs. Los Angeles 97
- Apr 03, 2018 - Utah 117 vs. Los Angeles 110
- Oct 28, 2017 - Utah 96 vs. Los Angeles 81
- Jan 26, 2017 - Utah 96 vs. Los Angeles 88
- Dec 27, 2016 - Utah 102 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Dec 05, 2016 - Utah 107 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Oct 28, 2016 - Utah 96 vs. Los Angeles 89
- Apr 13, 2016 - Los Angeles 101 vs. Utah 96
- Mar 28, 2016 - Utah 123 vs. Los Angeles 75
- Jan 16, 2016 - Utah 109 vs. Los Angeles 82
- Jan 10, 2016 - Utah 86 vs. Los Angeles 74
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Markieff Morris: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Dennis Schroder: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Calf)
- Jared Dudley: Out (Knee)
- LeBron James: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Utah
- Udoka Azubuike: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Mike Conley: Out (Rest)
- Derrick Favors: Out (Knee)
- Rudy Gobert: Out (Rest)
- Donovan Mitchell: Out (Ankle)