New York @ Los Angeles
Current Records: New York 38-30; Los Angeles 38-30
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers will stay at home another game and welcome the New York Knicks at 10 p.m. ET May 11 at Staples Center. Both teams come into the matchup bolstered by wins in their previous games.
The Lakers had enough points to win and then some against the Phoenix Suns on Sunday, taking their game 123-110. Los Angeles' power forward Anthony Davis was on fire, posting a double-double on 42 points and 12 boards along with five assists.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn't a dominant performance, New York beat the Los Angeles Clippers 106-100 on Sunday. New York can attribute much of their success to point guard Derrick Rose, who had 25 points and eight assists in addition to six rebounds, and small forward Reggie Bullock, who shot 5-for-12 from downtown and finished with 24 points.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Los Angeles is expected to win a tight contest on Tuesday. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The wins brought the Lakers up to 38-30 and New York to 38-30. Two defensive stats to keep an eye on: Los Angeles enters the contest with only 106.6 points allowed per game on average, good for second best in the league. As for New York, they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 44.20%, which places them first in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Lakers as a 5.5-point favorite.
New York have won seven out of their last 11 games against Los Angeles.
- Apr 12, 2021 - New York 111 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Jan 22, 2020 - Los Angeles 100 vs. New York 92
- Jan 07, 2020 - Los Angeles 117 vs. New York 87
- Mar 17, 2019 - New York 124 vs. Los Angeles 123
- Jan 04, 2019 - New York 119 vs. Los Angeles 112
- Jan 21, 2018 - Los Angeles 127 vs. New York 107
- Dec 12, 2017 - New York 113 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Feb 06, 2017 - Los Angeles 121 vs. New York 107
- Dec 11, 2016 - New York 118 vs. Los Angeles 112
- Mar 13, 2016 - New York 90 vs. Los Angeles 87
- Nov 08, 2015 - New York 99 vs. Los Angeles 95
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Marc Gasol: Game-Time Decision (Finger)
- Anthony Davis: Game-Time Decision (Calf)
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- LeBron James: Out (Ankle)
- Jared Dudley: Out (Knee)
- Dennis Schroder: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for New York
- Alec Burks: Out (Knee)
- Immanuel Quickley: Out (Ankle)
- Mitchell Robinson: Out (Foot)