Phoenix @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Phoenix 22-11; Los Angeles 24-11
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Los Angeles Lakers and are hoping to record their first win since March 2 of 2019. The Suns are on the road again on Tuesday and play against Los Angeles at 10 p.m. ET March 2 at Staples Center. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
You're bound to get a positive result if you outscore your opponent every quarter, and that's exactly how it played out for Phoenix on Sunday. They had enough points to win and then some against the Minnesota Timberwolves, taking their matchup 118-99. It was another big night for Phoenix's shooting guard Devin Booker, who had 43 points and five assists along with five boards.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles took their game against the Golden State Warriors on Sunday by a conclusive 117-91 score. The oddsmakers were on Los Angeles' side, but they didn't give the squad enough credit as the margin was unexpectedly wide. Their small forward LeBron James did his thing and had 19 points in addition to six rebounds.
The Suns are now 22-11 while the Lakers sit at 24-11. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Phoenix ranks fourth in the league when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 107.5 on average. But Los Angeles is even better: they enter the contest with only 105.6 points allowed per game on average, good for second best in the league. We'll see if that edge gives Los Angeles a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a slight 1-point favorite against the Suns, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 1.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won 12 out of their last 19 games against Phoenix.
- Feb 10, 2020 - Los Angeles 125 vs. Phoenix 100
- Jan 01, 2020 - Los Angeles 117 vs. Phoenix 107
- Nov 12, 2019 - Los Angeles 123 vs. Phoenix 115
- Mar 02, 2019 - Phoenix 118 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Jan 27, 2019 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Phoenix 102
- Dec 02, 2018 - Los Angeles 120 vs. Phoenix 96
- Oct 24, 2018 - Los Angeles 131 vs. Phoenix 113
- Feb 06, 2018 - Los Angeles 112 vs. Phoenix 93
- Nov 17, 2017 - Phoenix 122 vs. Los Angeles 113
- Nov 13, 2017 - Los Angeles 100 vs. Phoenix 93
- Oct 20, 2017 - Los Angeles 132 vs. Phoenix 130
- Mar 09, 2017 - Los Angeles 122 vs. Phoenix 110
- Feb 15, 2017 - Phoenix 137 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Dec 09, 2016 - Phoenix 119 vs. Los Angeles 115
- Nov 06, 2016 - Los Angeles 119 vs. Phoenix 108
- Mar 23, 2016 - Phoenix 119 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Mar 18, 2016 - Phoenix 95 vs. Los Angeles 90
- Jan 03, 2016 - Los Angeles 97 vs. Phoenix 77
- Nov 16, 2015 - Phoenix 120 vs. Los Angeles 101
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Jared Dudley: Game-Time Decision (Neck)
- Kyle Kuzma: Game-Time Decision (Heel)
- Marc Gasol: Out (Covid-19)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Calf)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Dario Saric: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)