Portland @ Dallas
Current Records: Portland 15-10; Dallas 13-14
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers and the Dallas Mavericks are even-steven against one another since December of 2015 (9-9), but not for long. The Trail Blazers will square off against Dallas on the road at 7:30 p.m. ET Sunday at American Airlines Center. These two teams have set a high bar for this game after stand-out offensive performances in their previous games.
Rip City strolled past the Cleveland Cavaliers with points to spare this past Friday, taking the matchup 129-110. Portland relied on the efforts of center Enes Kanter, who dropped a double-double on 21 points and 13 boards, and shooting guard Gary Trent Jr., who had 26 points. That makes it ten consecutive games in which Kanter has had at least ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, Dallas had enough points to win and then some against the New Orleans Pelicans this past Friday, taking their contest 143-130. Point guard Luka Doncic continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, shooting 5-for-8 from downtown and almost finishing with a triple-double on 46 points, 12 assists, and eight rebounds.
Portland is expected to lose this next one by 5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 5-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
Their wins bumped Portland to 15-10 and the Mavericks to 13-14. Allowing an average of 115.08 points per game, the Trail Blazers haven't exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We'll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming game.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center -- Dallas, Texas
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Mavericks are a 5-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Mavericks as a 4.5-point favorite.
Dallas and Portland both have nine wins in their last 18 games.
- Aug 11, 2020 - Portland 134 vs. Dallas 131
- Jan 23, 2020 - Dallas 133 vs. Portland 125
- Jan 17, 2020 - Dallas 120 vs. Portland 112
- Oct 27, 2019 - Portland 121 vs. Dallas 119
- Mar 20, 2019 - Portland 126 vs. Dallas 118
- Feb 10, 2019 - Dallas 102 vs. Portland 101
- Dec 23, 2018 - Portland 121 vs. Dallas 118
- Dec 04, 2018 - Dallas 111 vs. Portland 102
- Apr 03, 2018 - Dallas 115 vs. Portland 109
- Jan 26, 2018 - Portland 107 vs. Dallas 93
- Jan 20, 2018 - Portland 117 vs. Dallas 108
- Feb 07, 2017 - Portland 114 vs. Dallas 113
- Feb 03, 2017 - Dallas 108 vs. Portland 104
- Dec 21, 2016 - Dallas 96 vs. Portland 95
- Nov 04, 2016 - Portland 105 vs. Dallas 95
- Mar 23, 2016 - Portland 109 vs. Dallas 103
- Mar 20, 2016 - Dallas 132 vs. Portland 120
- Dec 01, 2015 - Dallas 115 vs. Portland 112