Houston @ Denver
Current Records: Houston 15-45; Denver 38-21
What to Know
The Houston Rockets haven't won a matchup against the Denver Nuggets since Jan. 22 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought this past Saturday. They will face off at 10 p.m. ET April 24 at Ball Arena without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
The Rockets were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Friday as they fell 109-104 to the Los Angeles Clippers. Houston's defeat shouldn't obscure the performances of point guard John Wall, who dropped a double-double on 27 points and 13 dimes, and power forward Kelly Olynyk, who posted a double-double on 23 points and ten boards.
Meanwhile, Denver's and the Golden State Warriors' game this past Friday was up for grabs at halftime, but Denver was thoroughly outmatched 64-47 in the second half. Denver found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 118-97 punch to the gut against Golden State. Small forward Michael Porter Jr. put forth a good effort for the losing side as he shot 7-for-14 from beyond the arc and finished with 26 points and five rebounds.
The Rockets have to know they'll be fighting an uphill battle given the 14 point spread they are up against. True fans might be the only ones betting on them, currently 20-40 ATS, to cover the spread.
Houston is now 15-45 while the Nuggets sit at 38-21. A couple offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Houston has only been able to knock down 44% percent of their shots, which is the second lowest field goal percentage in the league. Denver's offense has more to brag about, as they they enter the matchup with a 48.60% field goal percentage, good for third best in the league. We'll see if their 4.60% advantage translates to a win.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena -- Denver, Colorado
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nuggets are a big 14-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 13.5-point favorite.
Houston have won 12 out of their last 20 games against Denver.
- Apr 16, 2021 - Denver 128 vs. Houston 99
- Dec 28, 2020 - Denver 124 vs. Houston 111
- Jan 26, 2020 - Denver 117 vs. Houston 110
- Jan 22, 2020 - Houston 121 vs. Denver 105
- Dec 31, 2019 - Houston 130 vs. Denver 104
- Nov 20, 2019 - Denver 105 vs. Houston 95
- Mar 28, 2019 - Houston 112 vs. Denver 85
- Feb 01, 2019 - Denver 136 vs. Houston 122
- Jan 07, 2019 - Houston 125 vs. Denver 113
- Nov 13, 2018 - Houston 109 vs. Denver 99
- Feb 25, 2018 - Houston 119 vs. Denver 114
- Feb 09, 2018 - Houston 130 vs. Denver 104
- Nov 22, 2017 - Houston 125 vs. Denver 95
- Apr 05, 2017 - Houston 110 vs. Denver 104
- Mar 20, 2017 - Houston 125 vs. Denver 124
- Mar 18, 2017 - Houston 109 vs. Denver 105
- Dec 02, 2016 - Houston 128 vs. Denver 110
- Dec 14, 2015 - Denver 114 vs. Houston 108
- Nov 13, 2015 - Denver 107 vs. Houston 98
- Oct 28, 2015 - Denver 105 vs. Houston 85
Injury Report for Denver
- Monte Morris: Game-Time Decision (Hamstring)
- Will Barton: Out (Hamstring)
- Jamal Murray: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Houston
- D.J. Augustin: Out (Ankle)
- Eric Gordon: Out (Groin)
- John Wall: Out (Rest)
- Avery Bradley: Out (Illness)
- Sterling Brown: Out (Knee)
- Christian Wood: Out (Ankle)
- Kevin Porter: Out (Covid-19)
- David Nwaba: Out (Wrist)
- Dante Exum: Out for the Season (Calf)