Through 3 Quarters
The Phoenix Suns are on the road but looking no worse for wear. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Denver Nuggets 90-76 three quarters in.
Phoenix has been relying on point guard Chris Paul, who has 19 points and five assists in addition to six rebounds, and shooting guard Devin Booker, who has 26 points and four assists along with five boards. A double-double would be Paul's third in a row.
Center Nikola Jokic (23 points) has been the top scorer for Denver.
Phoenix @ Denver
Regular Season Records: Phoenix 2-0; Denver 0-2
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will battle the Denver Nuggets for a spot in the playoff semifinals at 10 p.m. ET June 11 at Ball Arena. The Suns should still be riding high after a big victory, while Denver will be looking to get back in the win column.
Denver is out to make up for these teams' contest on Wednesday. Phoenix took their game against Denver by a conclusive 123-98 score. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Phoenix had established an 86-67 advantage. Their point guard Chris Paul looked sharp as he dropped a double-double on 17 points and 15 dimes along with five rebounds. That's the third consecutive matchup in which Paul has had at least 11 assists.
The Suns are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the San Antonio Spurs April 17 easily too and instead slipped up with a 111-85. In other words, don't count the Nuggets out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena -- Denver, Colorado
- TV: ESPN
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $71.74
The Nuggets are a slight 2-point favorite against the Suns, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 1.5-point favorite.
Denver have won 17 out of their last 24 games against Phoenix.
- Jun 09, 2021 - Phoenix 123 vs. Denver 98
- Jun 07, 2021 - Phoenix 122 vs. Denver 105
- Jan 23, 2021 - Denver 120 vs. Phoenix 112
- Jan 22, 2021 - Denver 130 vs. Phoenix 126
- Jan 01, 2021 - Phoenix 106 vs. Denver 103
- Feb 08, 2020 - Denver 117 vs. Phoenix 108
- Dec 23, 2019 - Denver 113 vs. Phoenix 111
- Nov 24, 2019 - Denver 116 vs. Phoenix 104
- Oct 25, 2019 - Denver 108 vs. Phoenix 107
- Jan 25, 2019 - Denver 132 vs. Phoenix 95
- Jan 12, 2019 - Phoenix 102 vs. Denver 93
- Dec 29, 2018 - Denver 122 vs. Phoenix 118
- Oct 20, 2018 - Denver 119 vs. Phoenix 91
- Feb 10, 2018 - Denver 123 vs. Phoenix 113
- Jan 19, 2018 - Phoenix 108 vs. Denver 100
- Jan 03, 2018 - Denver 134 vs. Phoenix 111
- Jan 28, 2017 - Denver 123 vs. Phoenix 112
- Jan 26, 2017 - Denver 127 vs. Phoenix 120
- Nov 27, 2016 - Denver 120 vs. Phoenix 114
- Nov 16, 2016 - Denver 120 vs. Phoenix 104
- Mar 10, 2016 - Denver 116 vs. Phoenix 98
- Dec 23, 2015 - Denver 104 vs. Phoenix 96
- Nov 20, 2015 - Phoenix 114 vs. Denver 107
- Nov 14, 2015 - Phoenix 105 vs. Denver 81
Injury Report for Denver
- Michael Porter Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- PJ Dozier: Out (Groin)
- Jamal Murray: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)