Los Angeles @ Indiana
Current Records: Los Angeles 40-30; Indiana 33-37
What to Know
After a three-game homestand, the Los Angeles Lakers will be on the road. They will take on the Indiana Pacers at 1 p.m. ET Saturday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse after having had a few days off. Expect the scorekeeper to be kept busy: if their previous games are any indication, Los Angeles and Indiana will really light up the scoreboard.
Things were close when the Lakers and the Houston Rockets clashed on Wednesday, but Los Angeles ultimately edged out the opposition 124-122. Los Angeles' shooting guard Talen Horton-Tucker was one of the most active players for the squad, dropping a double-double on 23 points and ten assists.
Meanwhile, Indiana came up short against the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday, falling 142-133. Indiana's loss came about despite a quality game from small forward Justin Holiday, who shot 8-for-12 from downtown and finished with 26 points, five dimes and five boards.
Los Angeles is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8-point margin of victory. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Los Angeles' victory lifted them to 40-30 while Indiana's defeat dropped them down to 33-37. Allowing an average of 115.29 points per game, the Pacers haven't exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We'll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming contest.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse -- Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Spectrum SportsNet
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a big 8-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Lakers, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 6.5-point favorite.
Indiana have won seven out of their last 11 games against Los Angeles.
- Mar 12, 2021 - Los Angeles 105 vs. Indiana 100
- Aug 08, 2020 - Indiana 116 vs. Los Angeles 111
- Dec 17, 2019 - Indiana 105 vs. Los Angeles 102
- Feb 05, 2019 - Indiana 136 vs. Los Angeles 94
- Nov 29, 2018 - Los Angeles 104 vs. Indiana 96
- Mar 19, 2018 - Indiana 110 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Jan 19, 2018 - Los Angeles 99 vs. Indiana 86
- Jan 20, 2017 - Los Angeles 108 vs. Indiana 96
- Nov 01, 2016 - Indiana 115 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Feb 08, 2016 - Indiana 89 vs. Los Angeles 87
- Nov 29, 2015 - Indiana 107 vs. Los Angeles 103
Injury Report for Indiana
- Caris LeVert: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Domantas Sabonis: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Malcolm Brogdon: Out (Hamstring)
- Jeremy Lamb: Out (Knee)
- Edmond Sumner: Out (Knee)
- Aaron Holiday: Out (Toe)
- Myles Turner: Out (Toe)
- T.J. Warren: Out for the Season (Foot)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Marc Gasol: Game-Time Decision (Finger)
- Jared Dudley: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Alex Caruso: Game-Time Decision (Coach's Decision)
- Kyle Kuzma: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Alfonzo McKinnie: Game-Time Decision (Foot)