Through 3 Quarters
Down six at the end of last quarter, the Atlanta Hawks have now snagged the lead. It's anybody's game after three quarters, but Atlanta is ahead of the New Orleans Pelicans 84-79.
The Hawks have been led by point guard Trae Young, who so far has 23 points and seven assists in addition to four rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is John Collins' foul situation as he currently sits at four.
New Orleans has been relying on center Jonas Valanciunas, who has dropped a double-double on 14 points and 12 boards, and small forward Brandon Ingram, who has 18 points and four assists along with four boards and two blocks. This makes it three consecutive games in which Valanciunas has had at least 12 rebounds.
Atlanta @ New Orleans
Current Records: Atlanta 2-1; New Orleans 1-3
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans will be returning home after a three-game road trip. They will square off against the Atlanta Hawks at 7:30 p.m. ET Wednesday at Smoothie King Center. The Pelicans have some work to do to even out the 2-8 series between these two since November of 2015, but a win here would be a good start.
New Orleans beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 107-98 on Monday. New Orleans' center Jonas Valanciunas looked sharp as he dropped a double-double on 23 boards and 22 points.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the matchup between Atlanta and the Detroit Pistons on Monday was still a pretty decisive one as Atlanta wrapped it up with a 122-104 victory at home. Among those leading the charge for Atlanta was point guard Trae Young, who had 32 points and nine assists.
The Pelicans are expected to lose this next one by 5. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The wins brought New Orleans up to 1-3 and the Hawks to 2-1. Two stats to keep an eye on: New Orleans is stumbling into the contest with the fifth fewest points per game in the league, having accrued only 101.3 on average. Atlanta's defense has more to brag about, as they they come into the game boasting the second fewest points allowed per game in the league at 97.3. New Orleans might struggle to break 100.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Hawks are a 5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hawks as a 6-point favorite.
Atlanta have won eight out of their last ten games against New Orleans.
- Apr 06, 2021 - Atlanta 123 vs. New Orleans 107
- Apr 02, 2021 - Atlanta 126 vs. New Orleans 103
- Mar 26, 2019 - Atlanta 130 vs. New Orleans 120
- Mar 10, 2019 - Atlanta 128 vs. New Orleans 116
- Jan 17, 2018 - Atlanta 94 vs. New Orleans 93
- Nov 13, 2017 - New Orleans 106 vs. Atlanta 105
- Jan 05, 2017 - Atlanta 99 vs. New Orleans 94
- Nov 22, 2016 - New Orleans 112 vs. Atlanta 94
- Nov 11, 2015 - Atlanta 106 vs. New Orleans 98
- Nov 06, 2015 - Atlanta 121 vs. New Orleans 115
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Josh Hart: Out (Quadriceps)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Lou Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)