Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Orlando Magic, but thus far the points are on their side. Sitting on a score of 81-73, they have looked like the better team out there today, but there's still one more quarter to play.
Orlando has been led by point guard Cole Anthony, who so far has 19 points and five assists. One thing to keep an eye out for is Wendell Carter Jr.'s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Shooting guard CJ McCollum has led the way so far for the New Orleans Pelicans, as he has 28 points and six assists along with four rebounds.
New Orleans has lost 89% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Orlando @ New Orleans
Current Records: Orlando 16-50; New Orleans 27-38
What to Know
After two games on the road, the New Orleans Pelicans are heading back home. They and the Orlando Magic will face off at 8 p.m. ET March 9 at Smoothie King Center without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. The Pelicans are out to stop a four-game streak of losses at home.
The night started off rough for New Orleans on Tuesday, and it ended that way, too. They have to be aching after a bruising 132-111 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies. New Orleans was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 77-58. A silver lining for them was the play of shooting guard CJ McCollum, who shot 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 32 points and 11 dimes along with six boards.
Meanwhile, Orlando was close but no cigar on Tuesday as they fell 102-99 to the Phoenix Suns. Power forward Wendell Carter Jr. (20 points) was the top scorer for Orlando. That makes it seven consecutive games in which Wendell Carter Jr. has had at least ten rebounds.
New Orleans is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (10-5), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Both teams will surely be fighting tooth and nail to get back into the win column after losses this week. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Pelicans are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Pelicans as an 8-point favorite.
Orlando have won nine out of their last 13 games against New Orleans.
- Dec 23, 2021 - New Orleans 110 vs. Orlando 104
- Apr 22, 2021 - New Orleans 135 vs. Orlando 100
- Apr 01, 2021 - Orlando 115 vs. New Orleans 110
- Aug 13, 2020 - Orlando 133 vs. New Orleans 127
- Dec 15, 2019 - Orlando 130 vs. New Orleans 119
- Mar 20, 2019 - Orlando 119 vs. New Orleans 96
- Feb 12, 2019 - Orlando 118 vs. New Orleans 88
- Dec 22, 2017 - New Orleans 111 vs. Orlando 97
- Oct 30, 2017 - Orlando 115 vs. New Orleans 99
- Jan 18, 2017 - New Orleans 118 vs. Orlando 98
- Nov 16, 2016 - Orlando 89 vs. New Orleans 82
- Dec 28, 2015 - Orlando 104 vs. New Orleans 89
- Nov 03, 2015 - Orlando 103 vs. New Orleans 94
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Brandon Ingram: Out (Hamstring)
- Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Knee)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Kira Lewis Jr.: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Orlando
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Rest)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)
- Bol Bol: Out for the Season (Foot)