Through 3 Quarters
Down six at the end of last quarter, the Dallas Mavericks have now snagged the lead. a victory is still up for grabs for either squad after three quarters, but they are up 74-72 over the Toronto Raptors
The Mavericks have been riding high on the performance of point guard Luka Doncic, who has 23 points and nine assists along with eight rebounds. Toronto has been led by small forward OG Anunoby, who so far has 20 points in addition to two blocks. Anunoby does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with five.
Dallas @ Toronto
Current Records: Dallas 0-1; Toronto 1-1
What to Know
The Toronto Raptors may be playing at home Saturday, but the experts are forecasting a four-point loss. They will take on the Dallas Mavericks at 7:30 p.m. ET at Scotiabank Arena. The Raptors aren't expected to win, but seeing as the odds didn't stop them last game, maybe the squad has another upset up their sleeve.
Toronto's contest against the Boston Celtics on Friday was close at halftime, but Toronto turned on the heat in the second half with 64 points. Toronto was completely in charge, breezing past Boston 115-83 on the road. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Toronto had established an 84-64 advantage. Their shooting guard Scottie Barnes looked sharp as he posted a double-double on 25 points and 13 rebounds. Barnes had some trouble finding his footing against the Washington Wizards on Wednesday, so this was a step in the right direction.
Meanwhile, Dallas suffered a grim 113-87 defeat to the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday. The Mavericks were down 86-64 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Kristaps Porzingis had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with 11 points on 4-for-13 shooting and turning the ball over four times in his 28 minutes on the court.
The Raptors were close but no cigar when the two teams previously met in May as they fell 114-110 to Dallas. Maybe Toronto will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Scotiabank Arena -- Toronto, Ontario
- TV: The Sports Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $33.50
The Mavericks are a 4-point favorite against the Raptors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Mavericks as a 3.5-point favorite.
Toronto have won nine out of their last 12 games against Dallas.
- May 14, 2021 - Dallas 114 vs. Toronto 110
- Jan 18, 2021 - Toronto 116 vs. Dallas 93
- Dec 22, 2019 - Toronto 110 vs. Dallas 107
- Nov 16, 2019 - Dallas 110 vs. Toronto 102
- Jan 27, 2019 - Toronto 123 vs. Dallas 120
- Oct 26, 2018 - Toronto 116 vs. Dallas 107
- Mar 16, 2018 - Toronto 122 vs. Dallas 115
- Dec 26, 2017 - Dallas 98 vs. Toronto 93
- Mar 25, 2017 - Toronto 94 vs. Dallas 86
- Mar 13, 2017 - Toronto 100 vs. Dallas 78
- Dec 22, 2015 - Toronto 103 vs. Dallas 99
- Nov 03, 2015 - Toronto 102 vs. Dallas 91
Injury Report for Toronto
- Yuta Watanabe: Out (Calf)
- Pascal Siakam: Out (Shoulder)