Through 3 Quarters
The Dallas Mavericks are on the road but looking no worse for wear. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Houston Rockets as Dallas lead 110-86.
The Mavericks have been led by shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr., who so far has shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and has recorded 19 points, six dimes and four boards. Houston has been relying on power forward Christian Wood, who has 20 points, and small forward Jae'Sean Tate, who has 15 points and five assists along with eight rebounds. Tate does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four.
This is the most points Dallas has had yet this season going into the fourth quarter.
Dallas @ Houston
Current Records: Dallas 20-18; Houston 11-28
What to Know
The Houston Rockets may be playing at home on Friday, but the experts are forecasting a three-point defeat. Houston and the Dallas Mavericks will face off in a Southwest Division battle at 8 p.m. ET at Toyota Center. The Rockets aren't expected to win, but seeing as the odds didn't stop them last game, maybe the squad has another upset up their sleeve.
Houston skirted by the Washington Wizards 114-111 on Wednesday thanks to a clutch jumper from point guard Kevin Porter as the clock expired. Among those leading the charge for Houston was power forward Christian Wood, who dropped a double-double on 22 points and 11 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Dallas strolled past the Golden State Warriors with points to spare on Wednesday, taking the game 99-82. Dallas' point guard Luka Doncic did his thing and had 26 points and eight assists along with seven boards.
Their wins bumped the Rockets to 11-28 and the Mavericks to 20-18. Allowing an average of 115.54 points per game, Houston hasn't exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We'll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming contest.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Toyota Center -- Houston, Texas
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $38.78
The Mavericks are a 3-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Mavericks as a 2-point favorite.
Houston have won 16 out of their last 23 games against Dallas.
- Oct 26, 2021 - Dallas 116 vs. Houston 106
- Apr 07, 2021 - Houston 102 vs. Dallas 93
- Jan 23, 2021 - Houston 133 vs. Dallas 108
- Jan 04, 2021 - Dallas 113 vs. Houston 100
- Jul 31, 2020 - Houston 153 vs. Dallas 149
- Jan 31, 2020 - Houston 128 vs. Dallas 121
- Nov 24, 2019 - Dallas 137 vs. Houston 123
- Mar 10, 2019 - Houston 94 vs. Dallas 93
- Feb 11, 2019 - Houston 120 vs. Dallas 104
- Dec 08, 2018 - Dallas 107 vs. Houston 104
- Nov 28, 2018 - Dallas 128 vs. Houston 108
- Mar 11, 2018 - Houston 105 vs. Dallas 82
- Feb 11, 2018 - Houston 104 vs. Dallas 97
- Jan 24, 2018 - Houston 104 vs. Dallas 97
- Oct 21, 2017 - Houston 107 vs. Dallas 91
- Dec 27, 2016 - Houston 123 vs. Dallas 107
- Dec 10, 2016 - Houston 109 vs. Dallas 87
- Oct 30, 2016 - Houston 93 vs. Dallas 92
- Oct 28, 2016 - Houston 106 vs. Dallas 98
- Apr 06, 2016 - Dallas 88 vs. Houston 86
- Jan 24, 2016 - Houston 115 vs. Dallas 104
- Dec 04, 2015 - Houston 100 vs. Dallas 96
- Nov 14, 2015 - Dallas 110 vs. Houston 98
Injury Report for Houston
- Usman Garuba: Out (Covid-19)
- Alperen Sengun: Out (Ankle)
- John Wall: Out (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Dallas
- Isaiah Thomas: Out (Covid-19)
- Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Personal)
- Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Covid-19)
- Boban Marjanovic: Out (Covid-19)
- Luka Doncic: Out (Ankle)