Through 3 Quarters
Down 11 at the end of last quarter, the Golden State Warriors have now snagged the lead. It's anybody's game after three quarters, but the Warriors are ahead of the Oklahoma City Thunder 81-76.
Golden State has enjoyed the tag-team combination of point guard Stephen Curry and power forward Draymond Green. The former has 23 points along with five boards, while the latter has eight points and seven assists in addition to seven rebounds. A double-double would be Chef Curry's fourth in a row.
Oklahoma City has been relying on the performance of shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who has 22 points and four assists. Gilgeous-Alexander does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four.
Golden State @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: Golden State 3-0; Oklahoma City 0-3
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder haven't won a game against the Golden State Warriors since Nov. 25 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought Tuesday. Oklahoma City will stay at home another game and welcome Golden State at 8 p.m. ET Oct. 26 at Paycom Center. The Dubs should still be feeling good after a victory, while the Thunder will be looking to right the ship.
The matchup between Oklahoma City and the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday was not a total blowout, but with Oklahoma City falling 115-103 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 29 points and eight assists along with six rebounds. Gilgeous-Alexander hadn't helped his team much against the Houston Rockets this past Friday, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
Meanwhile, Golden State didn't have too much trouble with the Sacramento Kings on the road on Sunday as they won 119-107. Point guard Stephen Curry was the offensive standout of the contest for the Warriors, posting a double-double on 27 points and ten dimes in addition to seven boards.
OKC is expected to lose this next one by 9.5. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the squad has let down bettors in all their past three games.
OKC is now 0-3 while the Dubs sit at a mirror-image 3-0. A pair of offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: OKC is second worst in the league in points per game, with only 93.3 on average. The Warriors' offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the game boasting the fourth most points per game in the league at 118.3. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Paycom Center -- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Warriors are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 9-point favorite.
Golden State have won 18 out of their last 27 games against Oklahoma City.
- May 08, 2021 - Golden State 136 vs. Oklahoma City 97
- May 06, 2021 - Golden State 118 vs. Oklahoma City 97
- Apr 14, 2021 - Golden State 147 vs. Oklahoma City 109
- Nov 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City 100 vs. Golden State 97
- Nov 09, 2019 - Oklahoma City 114 vs. Golden State 108
- Oct 27, 2019 - Oklahoma City 120 vs. Golden State 92
- Mar 16, 2019 - Golden State 110 vs. Oklahoma City 88
- Nov 21, 2018 - Oklahoma City 123 vs. Golden State 95
- Oct 16, 2018 - Golden State 108 vs. Oklahoma City 100
- Apr 03, 2018 - Golden State 111 vs. Oklahoma City 107
- Feb 24, 2018 - Golden State 112 vs. Oklahoma City 80
- Feb 06, 2018 - Oklahoma City 125 vs. Golden State 105
- Nov 22, 2017 - Oklahoma City 108 vs. Golden State 91
- Mar 20, 2017 - Golden State 111 vs. Oklahoma City 95
- Feb 11, 2017 - Golden State 130 vs. Oklahoma City 114
- Jan 18, 2017 - Golden State 121 vs. Oklahoma City 100
- Nov 03, 2016 - Golden State 122 vs. Oklahoma City 96
- May 30, 2016 - Golden State 96 vs. Oklahoma City 88
- May 28, 2016 - Golden State 108 vs. Oklahoma City 101
- May 26, 2016 - Golden State 120 vs. Oklahoma City 111
- May 24, 2016 - Oklahoma City 118 vs. Golden State 94
- May 22, 2016 - Oklahoma City 133 vs. Golden State 105
- May 18, 2016 - Golden State 118 vs. Oklahoma City 91
- May 16, 2016 - Oklahoma City 108 vs. Golden State 102
- Mar 03, 2016 - Golden State 121 vs. Oklahoma City 106
- Feb 27, 2016 - Golden State 121 vs. Oklahoma City 118
- Feb 06, 2016 - Golden State 116 vs. Oklahoma City 108
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Derrick Favors: Out (Rest)
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
- Jonathan Kuminga: Out (Knee)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
- Klay Thompson: Out (Achilles)