Wizards vs. Cavaliers: How to watch live stream, TV channel, NBA start time
How to watch Wizards vs. Cavaliers basketball game
Washington (home) vs. Cleveland (away)
Current Records: Washington 2-5; Cleveland 2-5
What to Know
The Washington Wizards are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 118.14 points per matchup. They will take on the Cleveland Cavaliers at 7 p.m. ET on Friday at Capital One Arena. Washington strut in flaunting some offensive muscle with an average of 115.29 points per game.
The game between the Wizards and the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday was not a total blowout, but with the Wizards falling 121-106, it was darn close. Washington got a solid performance out of C Thomas Bryant, who dropped a double-double on 20 points and 11 boards; unfortunately, it just wasn't enough for the win.
Meanwhile, Cleveland was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Tuesday as they fell 119-113 to the Boston Celtics. PG Darius Garland had a pretty forgettable game: he played for 28 minutes with only four points on 2-for-11 shooting.
Washington is the favorite in this one, with an expected 5-point margin of victory. They hadn't treated fans wells this season, but they at least enjoy a 5-2 record against the spread.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena -- Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $13.53
The Wizards are a 5-point favorite against the Cavaliers.
Vegas was right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Cleveland have won nine out of their last 15 games against Washington.
- Feb 08, 2019 - Washington 119 vs. Cleveland 106
- Jan 29, 2019 - Cleveland 116 vs. Washington 113
- Dec 08, 2018 - Cleveland 116 vs. Washington 101
- Nov 14, 2018 - Washington 119 vs. Cleveland 95
- Apr 05, 2018 - Cleveland 119 vs. Washington 115
- Feb 22, 2018 - Washington 110 vs. Cleveland 103
- Dec 17, 2017 - Cleveland 106 vs. Washington 99
- Nov 03, 2017 - Cleveland 130 vs. Washington 122
- Mar 25, 2017 - Washington 127 vs. Cleveland 115
- Feb 06, 2017 - Cleveland 140 vs. Washington 135
- Nov 11, 2016 - Cleveland 105 vs. Washington 94
- Mar 04, 2016 - Cleveland 108 vs. Washington 83
- Feb 28, 2016 - Washington 113 vs. Cleveland 99
- Jan 06, 2016 - Cleveland 121 vs. Washington 115
- Dec 01, 2015 - Washington 97 vs. Cleveland 85
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Watch This Game Live
George is the first player in Clippers history to score 30-plus points in his first two games...
Popovich confirmed after the game that Duncan was the acting head coach
Graham is off to a terrific start this season
The Greek Freak was getting it done on both ends
Leonard suffered the knock on Wednesday night against the Clippers
Some of the top picks in the 2019 draft are beginning to stand out while Kendrick Nunn continues...