Through 3 Quarters
Down four at the end of last quarter, the Washington Wizards have now snagged the lead. Sitting on a score of 96-87, they have looked like the better squad out there today, but there's still one more quarter to play.
Nobody has stood out from the pack for Washington offensively yet. Smith had some trouble finding his footing against the Atlanta Hawks this past Friday, so this is a step in the right direction.
Both the Wizards and the Indiana Pacers suffered losses in their previous contests, but Washington is closer to making up for it. Washington just need to hang on one more quarter to get back on their feet.
Indiana @ Washington
Current Records: Indiana 22-43; Washington 28-34
What to Know
The Washington Wizards' homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Indiana Pacers at 6 p.m. ET March 6 at Capital One Arena. Washington is out to stop a three-game streak of losses at home.
It was close but no cigar for the Wizards as they fell 117-114 to the Atlanta Hawks this past Friday. A silver lining for Washington was the play of small forward Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, who shot 6-for-6 from downtown and finished with 28 points, five assists and five boards.
Meanwhile, Indiana was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Friday as they fell 111-106 to the Detroit Pistons. Point guard Malcolm Brogdon put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 26 points along with five rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Washington is expected to win a tight contest Sunday. But bettors beware: they are only 8-16-2 against the spread when favored.
In the teams' previous meeting in February, Washington was in the race but had to settle for second with a 113-108 finish. Maybe they will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena -- Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest - Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Wizards are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wizards as a 3-point favorite.
Washington have won 12 out of their last 23 games against Indiana.
- Feb 16, 2022 - Indiana 113 vs. Washington 108
- Dec 06, 2021 - Indiana 116 vs. Washington 110
- Oct 22, 2021 - Washington 135 vs. Indiana 134
- May 20, 2021 - Washington 142 vs. Indiana 115
- May 08, 2021 - Washington 133 vs. Indiana 132
- May 03, 2021 - Washington 154 vs. Indiana 141
- Mar 29, 2021 - Washington 132 vs. Indiana 124
- Aug 03, 2020 - Indiana 111 vs. Washington 100
- Nov 06, 2019 - Indiana 121 vs. Washington 106
- Feb 23, 2019 - Indiana 119 vs. Washington 112
- Jan 30, 2019 - Washington 107 vs. Indiana 89
- Dec 23, 2018 - Indiana 105 vs. Washington 89
- Dec 10, 2018 - Indiana 109 vs. Washington 101
- Mar 17, 2018 - Washington 109 vs. Indiana 102
- Mar 04, 2018 - Indiana 98 vs. Washington 95
- Feb 05, 2018 - Washington 111 vs. Indiana 102
- Feb 16, 2017 - Washington 111 vs. Indiana 98
- Feb 10, 2017 - Washington 112 vs. Indiana 107
- Dec 28, 2016 - Washington 111 vs. Indiana 105
- Dec 19, 2016 - Indiana 107 vs. Washington 105
- Mar 05, 2016 - Indiana 100 vs. Washington 99
- Jan 15, 2016 - Washington 118 vs. Indiana 104
- Nov 24, 2015 - Indiana 123 vs. Washington 106
Injury Report for Washington
- Vernon Carey Jr.: Out (Hip)
- Bradley Beal: Out for the Season (Wrist)
Injury Report for Indiana
- Lance Stephenson: Out (Ankle)
- Chris Duarte: Out (Toe)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)
- Myles Turner: Out (Foot)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)