Wisconsin junior center Travis Frederick announced Friday that he will forgo his remaining eligibility and enter the 2013 NFL Draft. He wrote a letter to Wisconsin fans to explain his decision and express his gratitude.
"Over the past month, I have faced one of the toughest decisions in my life," Frederick said in the letter. "Though it has been a long and difficult decision-making process, I have decided to forgo my final season as a Badger to enter the 2013 NFL Draft."
Frederick ranks as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 2 center for April's draft, projecting as a top-64 pick. Last year, Wisconsin center Peter Konz declared early for the NFL Draft and was selected 55th overall in the second round.
"I have also studied the game of football under three offensive line coaches that have each taught me different techniques and concepts that have molded me into the player I am today," Frederick said.
Listed at 6-4 and 338 pounds, Frederick started 31 games at Wisconsin, seeing time at both center and guard. After starting mostly at left guard as a freshman and sophomore, he started all 14 games at center for the Big Ten champion Badgers in 2012 and earned All-Big Ten honorable mention honors. A high-character prospect, Frederick has plus intangibles, strength and versatility, flashing the IQ and technique to start immediately in the NFL.