Just before the start of the 2018 NFL season, your favorite friends here at CBSSports.comthis year.
Looking back on those predictions, we were all very right about some things (the Patriots and Rams are great, the Bucs are ... not) and very wrong about some others (the Jaguars are bad and the Colts are pretty good). But now that the season is halfway over, we thought this was as good a time as any to do a bit of a reset and predict the league all over again.
Given eight weeks worth of information, you'd think we could get a few more things correct this time around. Before we get to the predictions, a few notes:
- Surprise, surprise, everybody still has the Patriots winning the AFC East. We now also have two other unanimous division champs: the Rams and Chiefs.
- Other unanimous playoff teams: Chargers, Steelers, Saints.
- Unanimous order of standings in the AFC West: Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders.
- Prisco is the only one still predicting that the Eagles will win the NFC East.
- Everybody changed their Super Bowl pick in some form or fashion. Prisco, Wilson, and Breech each have new reps from both conferences and, obviously, a new champion. Brinson kept the Chiefs in the Super Bowl but now has them winning, and against a different opponent. I kept the Patriots in the Super Bowl but have them losing to a different NFC team. And Wagner-McGough kept the Saints as his champ but has them defeating a different opponent.