How to watch, stream Seahawks vs. Packers: Time, channel, odds, predictions
This is a huge game for the NFC playoff picture
The beauty of Week 14 in the NFL season is suddenly things are very real.
Every game matters, and games in Week 13 didn't mean less than this coming week. But there are really bad teams eliminated, there are really good teams clinched and there are a group of teams desperately clinging to their playoff hopes.
Green Bay is one of those teams desperately clinging to playoff hopes, sitting on the edge of the race at 6-6 and staring up at the Vikings (6-6) and Lions (8-4). A win this week would put them smack into the wild card conversation too, what with Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Washington all facing tough matchups.
There couldn't be a weirder matchup in the world either. Remember the Fail Mary with the replacement refs?
There's also the matter of the bananas 2014-15 NFC Championship Game that featured Russell Wilson and Seattle yanking the game away from Aaron Rodgers and the Packers in overtime after Green Bay squatted on a huge lead early. The Packers got super conservative, even sliding on defensive turnovers.
It cost them badly.
Now Seattle is without Earl Thomas, meaning its defense is more vulnerable than usual. That's bad news at a time when Rodgers is playing about as well as he has over the last two years.
On the other hand, there could be bad weather in Green Bay coming. There's a really good chance snow is dumping, which means there's a really good chance Thomas Rawls is the guy to watch in this game. Rodgers is going to have to be on point if the Packers want to move to 7-6 and take a step towards overcoming a bad start and becoming playoff bound.
For the Seahawks, there's absolutely an emphasis on staying in the lead for a first-round bye. Detroit gets Chicago this weekend, which means a Seattle loss would likely put the Lions ahead of Seattle for the No. 2 seed in the NFC.
It's a huge game for both teams and arguably the most important game on an impressive slate of Week 14 action.
How to Watch
- What: Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers
- When: Sunday, Dec. 11, 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- TV: FOX
- Streaming: Verizon NFL Mobile App
- Sunday Ticket: DirecTV
- Online: NFL Game Pass (available to watch online after midnight)
- Odds: The Seahawks are 3-point favorites, according to SportsLine
- LB Nick Perry (Hand) -- Out
- LB Kyler Fackrell (Hamstring) -- Out
- CB Damarious Randall (Groin) -- Questionable
- CB LaDarius Gunter (Illness) -- Questionable
- OL T.J. Lang (Foot) -- Questionable
- LB Blake Martinez (Knee) -- Questionable
- LB Clay Matthews (Shoulder) -- Questionable
- OL JC Tretter (Knee) -- Questionable
- RB C.J. Prosise (Shoulder) -- Out
- LB Will Tukuafu (Concussion) -- Out
- DE Damontre Moore (Foot) -- Out
- LB Brock Coyle (Foot) -- Out
- LB Mike Morgan (Hip) -- Questionable
This is a survival test for the Packers. They must have this one. But Seattle seemed to get right against the Panthers. That defense will miss Earl Thomas, which will show up. Aaron Rodgers beats Russell Wilson.
Pick: Packers 24, Seahawks 20
Pick Six Newsletter
Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
All of the best highlights from Week 15 are right here
Mike McClure, a DFS pro with more than $1 million in winnings, gives optimal DraftKings and...
The Redskins quarterback appears to be at home, possibly a wheelchair, under a blanket (but...
The Raiders coach did a nice job deflecting away from questions about Amari Cooper
SportsLine's RJ White has his finger on the pulse of the Patriots and Steelers
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Monday's Saints vs. Vikings game 10,000 tim...