A short time later, Manziel reposted the photo to Instagram, added a black and white filter, and wrote, "LOL."
Manziel, the Browns' 2014 first-round pick, may have taken his last NFL snap after a forgettable two seasons in Cleveland and an offseason of non-stop partying. But early in 2015, he appeared to be on the right path. Following a rocky rookie campaign, Manziel spent 10 weeks in a treatment facility and emerged a different person, at least according to his teammates.
Last May, then-teammate Karlos Dansby said that Manziel had "grown up right before our eyes," adding, "He made a decision to help him be a better man [by going to treatment]. And that's all at the end of the day that's all we want, we want him to be the best person he can possibly be, because him being the best he can possibly be is going to be the best player that the Browns can possibly have on the field."
It didn't work out that way, of course. Manziel started just six games in 2015, and hours before the season finale, he was reportedly spotted partying in Las Vegas while wearing a disguise to avoid detection.
Meanwhile, CBSSports.com's John Breech has a running list of some of the things Manziel has been up to this offseason.
- He went to a club in Los Angeles.
- He went to another club in L.A. (He goes to a lot of clubs.)
- He hired a new agent because his old one fired him.
- He went to a club in Miami.
- He went to a Chris Brown concert in Vegas.
- He went to a club in Vegas.
- He went to another club in L.A.
- He got a tattoo.
- He spent some time with Justin Bieber.
- He did $32,000 in damage to a $4.5 million house.
- His new agent fired him and urged him to get treatment.
- He was the passenger in a hit-and-run.
- He watched the NFL Draft at a bar.
- He went to Coachella with Josh Gordon.
- He looked surprisingly thin at a Vegas pool party.
- He partied with Leonardo DiCaprio.
- He skipped a Hamptons party/helicopter ride and "allegedly evaded payment of car accident costs."
- He got another tattoo.