Mock draft No. 9: Trade makes sense for Jets, who have lots of needs
With Darrelle Revis going to the Bucs, it's time for another mock draft. Who does it help? Who will go first?
So Tampa Bay traded for Darrelle Revis, which means they will not pick in the first round and the Jets will have two picks in the top 13.
What's that mean?
It could mean the Jets could be willing to move up and down the board. There is talk they want to trade down from No. 9 and pick No. 13 will give them a chance to do so and stay at 13 and still get a nice player.
The Jets have so many needs, which is why the trade makes sense and why we had to do another mock update.
One more to do this week, and that's the one that will count.
1. Kansas City -- Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M. With Brandon Albert likely being traded, this makes so much sense.
2. Jacksonville -- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon -- They have to improve the pass rush.
3. Oakland -- Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida -- Have you seen the middle of their defense?
4. Philadelphia -- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah -- They can't pass up on this power player.
5. Detroit -- Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan. They get a local replacement for Jeff Backus.
6. Cleveland -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. They have Joe Haden, now they get another SEC corner to play opposite him.
7. Arizona -- Ziggy Ansah, OLB-DE, BYU -- Can you imagine adding this pass rusher to their defense?
8. Buffalo -- Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina -- They need help inside and Cooper can provide it.
9. N.Y. Jets -- Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia -- Speed is needed on an offense that has no big-play potential.
10. Tennessee -- Chance Warmack, G, Alabama -- He would give them a heck of a line from tackle to tackle.
11. San Diego -- Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma -- If he's there, they would be thrilled to get him.
12. Miami -- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State. I like this kid to be a nice cover player for a team that needs it.
13. N.Y. Jets (From Tampa Bay) -- Barkevious Mingo, OLB-DE, LSU -- Have you seen what they have coming off the edge?
14. Carolina -- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri. The middle of their defense isn't very good, but this kid has a real chance to be a force.
15. New Orleans -- Menelik Watson, T, FSU -- They need a left tackle. He makes a ton of sense with his feet.
16. St. Louis -- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas. They have to get better on the back end and Vaccaro has speed and range.
17. Pittsburgh -- Tyler Eiffert, TE, Notre Dame -- with Heath Miller coming off an ACL, this makes sense.
18. Dallas -- Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina -- He's a kid moving up a lot of boards.
19. N.Y. Giants -- D.J. Fluker, T, Alabama -- The right tackle spot has been a trouble spot for this team.
20. Chicago -- Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State -- They need to get younger and faster at linebacker.
21. Cincinnati -- Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU -- The back end is a problem at times for a good defense.
22. St. Louis -- Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee. After adding a safety, they get a big-play receiver outside.
23. Minnesota -- Tank Carradine, DE, FSU -- He is coming off ACL surgery, but he is a power end who can help when Jared Allen is done.
24. Indianapolis -- Brian Schwenke, C, California -- They need to get an upgrade in the middle of their line. This kid can move.
25. Minnesota -- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington. They need a young corner to replace Antoine Winfield.
26. Green Bay -- Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State -- They have to get better in the middle of the defense.
27. Houston -- Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee -- At some point, they will get help for Andre Johnson.
28. Denver -- Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU -- They would be thrilled if he fell this far with a chance to add a nice pass rusher.
29. New England -- Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State -- You can never have enough cover players and Aqib Talib is on a one-year deal.
30. Atlanta -- D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston -- He's long and rangy and can run.
31. San Francisco 49ers -- Datone Jones, DE, UCLA -- He's an underrated defensive player in this year's draft. Justin Smith isn't a kid anymore.
32. Baltimore Ravens -- Quinton Patton, WR. Louisiana Tech -- They get a nice replacement for Anquan Boldin, one with more speed.
He'll reportedly appeal the suspension
Rodgers is eligible to return after eight weeks and the Packers reportedly aren't giving up...
The Packers think the hit is dirty, but the NFL apparently disagrees
Here's every official injury designation for each NFL team for Week 7
If it wasn't already clear, the Packers are not happy with the hit that injured Rodgers on...
Passengers were treated to some explicit chants from the Oakland running back, too