More than a month has passed in the NFL season, and the injury reports are starting to pile up with each passing week. Week 5 certainly has its fair share of players on the mend as the fall weather hits and teams are starting to establish themselves as contenders or pretenders.
There are a few big names questionable to play in Sunday's games, which will be found in the injury report below. Here's a roundup of all the injuries heading into the Week 5 slate of games:
- Giants: CB Cordale Flott (calf), WR Kenny Golladay (knee), DL Henry Mondeaux (ankle), LB Azeez Ojulari (calf), WR Wan'Dale Robinson (knee), QB Tyrod Taylor (concussion), WR Kadarius Toney (hamstring) OUT; DL Leonard Williams (knee)
- Packers: S Adrian Amos (concussion), S Tariq Carpenter (abdomen), DL Devonte Wyatt (quad) QUESTIONABLE
Good news for the Giants? Daniel Jones is not on this injury report and will start Sunday for New York. Expect Davis Webb to be elevated from the practice squad with Taylor out. With no Golladay or Toney, the Giants will go with David Sills, Richie James, and Darius Slayton as their top-three wide receivers.
For the Packers, Amos will likely come down to the wire, as he remains in concussion protocol. David Bakhtiari (knee) got a rest day Friday, but will play. Allen Lazard (ankle) didn't receive a game designation, so he'll play Sunday.
- Steelers: CB Cameron Sutton (groin, hamstring) QUESTIONABLE; S Terrell Edmunds (concussion), CB Ahkello Witherspoon (hamstring) OUT; QB Mason Rudolph, Ahkello Witherspoon, S Terrell Edmunds, G Kendrick Green, WR Gunner Olszewski, DT Isaiahh Loudermilk, LB Mark Robinson INACTIVES
- Bills: CB Christian Benford (hand), WR Jamison Crowder (ankle), TE Dawson Knox (foot/hamstring), WR Jake Kumerow (ankle), FS Jordan Poyer (ribs), WR Isaiah McKenzie (concussion) OUT
The Bills are banged up in the secondary. Poyer will miss his second game in three weeks after injuring his ribs in Sunday's win over Baltimore. Benford hasn't practiced all week, so it's not a surprise he's out. McKenzie was "day to day" with a concussion, but was ruled out on Sunday. Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds (hamstring) is also sidelined. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh downgraded Terrell Edmunds to out.
- Chargers: WR Keenan Allen (hamstring) OUT; K Dustin Hopkins (right quadricep) QUESTIONABLE; QB Easton Stick, K Dustin Hopkins, WR Keenan Allen, S JT Woods, RB Isaiah Spiller, TE Richard Rodgers, NT Otito Ogbonnia OUT
- Browns: QB Kellen Mond, WR Michael Woods II, RB Demetrick Felton Jr., S Richard LeCounte III, T Joe Haeg, G Drew Forbes, T Chris Hubbard, TE Miller Fooristall OUT
Palmer was a full practice Friday after being limited the rest of the week and Hopkins was limited all week.
Jadeveon Clowney did not practice on Wednesday and Thursday and was limited on Friday after not playing last week, but will return for Week 5. DT Taven Bryan, who was limited all week at practice, will also play.
- Texans: LB Blake Cashman (concussion), OT Austin Deculus (ankle), TE Brevin Jordan (ankle), WR Chris Moore (hip) OUT; DE Jonathan Greenard (ankle); TE Brevin Jordan, WR Chris Moore, DL Jonathan Greenard, LB Blake Cashman, DL Thomas Booker, DL Austin Deculus, DL Demone Harris INACTIVE
- Jaguars: DL Foley Fatukasi (quadricep) OUT; OLB K'Lavon Chaisson (ankle), OL Cole Van Lanen (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE; WR Kendric Pryor, RB Snoop Conner, S Tyree Gillespie, CB Montaric Brown, OLB De'Shaan Dixon, DL Folorunso Fatuka INACTIVE
The Texans had a lengthy injury report this week, but among the 13 people listed, Greenard, who did not practice on Wednesday and Thursday and was limited on Friday, is the only question mark. If the starter does not play, that would leave Rasheem Green and Demone Harris as the two options for the position.
- Bears: S Dane Cruikshank (hamstring), DOUBTFUL; RB David Montgomery (ankle) QUESTIONABLE; CB Jaylon Johnson (quad), DB Dane Cruikshank, DL Kingsley Jonathan, TE Jake Tonges INACTIVE
- Vikings: TE Ben Ellefson (groin) OUT; WR Jalen Nailor (hamstring), CB Andrew Booth (quad) QUESTIONABLE; CB Andrew Booth Jr. OLB Luiji Vilain, G/C Chris Reed, T Vederian Lowe, WR Jalen Nailor, DL Esezi Otomewo, DL Khyiris Tonga INACTIVES
Montgomery was limited in Friday's practice and his status for Sunday could be determined in Saturday's walkthrough. Khalil Herbert will start if Montgomery is downgraded to out.
For the Vikings, Booth was a full participant Friday -- so it's likely he plays Sunday after missing several weeks with the quad injury. Minnesota has been one of the healthier teams in the league.
- Lions: WR Quintez Cephus (Foot), DL John Cominsky (Wrist), DE Charles Harris (Groin), T Matt Nelson (Calf), RB D'Andre Swift (Shoulder/Ankle) OUT; G Kayode Awosika (Hamstring), LB Chris Board (Knee), C Evan Brown (Ankle), G Jonah Jackson (Finger) QUESTIONABLE; DL Charles Harris, S JuJu Hughes, CB Amani Oruwariye INACTIVE
- Patriots: DL Lawrence Guy (shoulder), DL DaMarcus Mitchell (concussion), QB Mac Jones (ankle) OUT; S Kyle Dugger (knee), LB Raekwon McMillan (thumb), CB Jalen Mills (Hamstring), S Adrian Phillips (ribs), OT Isaiah Wynn (hip) QUESTIONABLE; DE DaMarcus Mitchell, TE Jonnu Smith (ankle), DB Joshuah Bledsoe, CB Shaun Wade, RB Pierre Strong INACTIVE
The biggest news out of this game is Jones was downgraded from doubtful to out on Sunday and with Hoyer out with a concussion, that means rookie third string quarterback Bailey Zappe will make his first NFL start against a struggling Lions defense.
On Sunday, Amon-Ra St. Brown (Ankle) was elevated from questionable to active.
- Seahawks: WR Dareke Young (quadricep) OUT, WR Marquise Goodwin (knee/back), CB Justin Coleman (calf), RB Kenneth Walker III (shoulder) QUESTIONABLE
- Saints: G Calvin Throckmorton (hip), DE Payton Turner (chest), WR Michael Thomas (foot), S P.J. Williams (quad) OUT; QB Jameis Winston (back/ankle) WR Jarvis Landry (ankle); DOUBTFUL; S Marcus Maye (rib), G Andrus Peat (concussion) QUESTIONABLE
The key injury for the Saints here is Winston, who won't start Sunday. Andy Dalton will start at quarterback for the second straight week. The Saints will be cautious with Winston in order to get him healthy. Landry is ruled out, but running back Alvin Kamara (rib) is officially active after being listed as questionable heading into the weekend.
- Dolphins: OT Terron Armstead (toe), DB Keion Crossen (glute/shoulder), G Robert Jones (back), RB Salvon Ahmed (back) QUESTIONABLE; CB Xavien Howard (groins), TE Cethan Carter (concussion), QB Tua Tagovailoa (concussion/back/ankle) OUT, WR Erik Ezukanma, CB Xavien Howard, RB Salvon Ahmed, TE Hunter Long, LB Trey Flowers INACTIVE
- Jets: OT Max Mitchell (knee), ILB Quincy Williams you (ankle) OUT; LB Marcell Harris (neck) QUESTIONABLE
Following injuries in back-to-back weeks, the last which caused him to be carted off the field in a stretcher, Tagovailoa is out with a concussion. How Tua's injury was handled has caused some outrage across the league. The NFLPA has asked the NFL to alter the concussion protocol ahead of this weekend's games and the two sides are closing in on an agreement. Waddle and Hill are two others to keep an eye on, with both limited in practice on Thursday and Friday.
Falcons at Buccaneers (-10)
- Falcons: TE Kyle Pitts (hamstring) OUT
- Buccaneers: TE Cameron Brate (concussion); DE Akiem Hicks (foot), CB Logan Ryan (foot) OUT; WR Breshad Perriman (knee/hamstring) QUESTIONABLE; WR Julio Jones (knee) OUT
The Falcons will not have Pitts or Cordarrelle Patterson for this one, arguably their two top playmakers on offense. Expect a lot of targets for Drake London and No. 2 wide receiver Olamide Zaccheaus Sunday. Parker Hesse is the No. 2 tight end on the depth chart with Pitts out, while Anthony Firkser will be elevated from the No. 2 tight end.
On Sunday, Jones was officially ruled out. Chris Godwin (knee) did not receive an injury designation, so he's healthy heading into this one. Russell Gage (hamstring) also wasn't given an injury designation.
Titans (-1.5) at Commanders
- Titans: OLB Ola Adeniyi (neck), WR Treylon Burks (toe), LB Zach Cunningham (elbow), OLB Bud Dupree (hip), LB Joe Jones (knee) OUT; G Nate Davis (knee/foot), CB Caleb Farley (knee), DB Lonnie Johnson (illness) QUESTIONABLE
- Commanders: S Percy Butler (quad), WR Jahan Dotson (hamstring), LB Milo Eifler (hamstring), RT Sam Cosmi (flower), TE Logan Thomas (calf) OUT; LB David Mayo (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
No Burks for the Titans this week, so expect a heftier target share for Robert Woods and Nick Westbrook-Ikhine in the passing game. Kyle Philips was limited the last week with a shoulder injury, but he should see an increased role as well as an early-season target favorite of Ryan Tannehill.
The Commanders will miss Dotson after he suffered a hamstring injury Sunday against the Cowboys, but will have Curtis Samuel (illness) available this week. Cam Sims is the top receiver option to replace Dotson on the depth chart.
- 49ers: DL Arik Armstead (foot, ankle), RB Tyrion Davis-Price (anklet ), DT Javon Kinlaw (knee), TE Tyler Kroft (knee), OL Colton McKivitz (knee), DB Tarvarius Moore (hamstring), T Trent Williams (ankle) OUT
- Panthers: WR Laviska Shenault Jr. (hamstring), CB Stantley Thomas-Oliver (thigh), TE Stephen Sullivan (back) OUT; DE Marquis Haynes (knee), LB Frankie Luvu (shoulder), S Xavier Woods (hamstring)
The Panthers already have Jeremy Chinn on injured reserve, so Woods not playing would be a major loss. Sean Chandler and Myles Hartsfield would be in line to start. Shenault didn't practice all week, so no surprise he's out. The 49ers have are dealing with a lot of injuries this week, with seven players listed as out.
- Eagles: K Jake Elliott (right ankle), LB Patrick Johnson (concussion), CB Avonte Maddox (ankle) T Jordan Mailata (shoulder) OUT; RB Boston Scott (rib) QUESTIONABLE
- Cardinals: OL D.J. Humphries (hamstring), WR Rondale Moore (knee), CB Trayvon Mullen Jr. (hamstring), OL Justin Pugh (elbow) QUESTIONABLE; OL Rodney Hudson (knee) DOUBTFUL); OL Max Garcia (toe), DL Rashard Lawrence (hand) K Matt Prater (hip), LB Nick Vigil (hamstring) OUT
With Elliott out, Cameron Dicker will be called up from the practice squad and handle the field goal duties Sunday. Maddox being out for the second straight week means Josiah Scott will likely spend the majority of snaps in the slot. Mailata didn't practice with a helmet Friday and has since been downgraded to out, so Jack Driscoll is likely to start at left tackle unless Andre Dillard (arm) is activated. Linebacker Kyron Johnson (concussion) was upgraded from questionable to having no designation for this game.
- Cowboys: DT Quinton Bohanna (neck/shoulder), TE Jake Ferguson (knee), WR CeeDee Lamb (groin), CB Jourdan Lewis (groin), RB Tony Pollard (illness) QUESTIONABLE; T Jason Peters (chest) DOUBTFUL; QB Dak Prescott (right thumb) OUT
- Rams: CB David Long Jr. (groin), S Taylor Rapp (ribs) QUESTIONABLE; C Coleman Shelton (ankle), CB Cobie Durant (hamstring), C Brian Allen (knee), S Jordan Fuller (hamstring) OUT
Lamb is expected to play on Sunday, following an MRI that was "favorable." Once again, Prescott is out as he recovers from a finger injury, leaving Cooper Rush as the starter.
- Bengals: TE Devin Asiasi (ankle), WR Tee Higgins (ankle), TE Hayden Hurst (groin) QUESTIONABLE
- Ravens: WR Rashod Bateman (foot), RB Justice Hill (hamstring), OLB Justin Houston (groin), G Ben Cleveland (foot) OUT; CB Marcus Peters (quad), OT Ronnie Stanley (ankle/NIR-Rest) QUESTIONABLE
Peters was limited in practice on Thursday and did not practice Friday, while Stanley was a full participant on Wednesday and Thursday and did not practice on Friday.
- Raiders: LB Jayon Brown (hamstring) OUT; TE Foster Moreau (knee), CB Sam Webb (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
- Chiefs: K Harrison Butker (left ankle) OUT; G Trey Smith (pectoral), DE Mike Danna (calf), WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (quad, hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
Raiders wideout Hunter Renfrow (concussion) was taken off the injury report after being a full participant in practice all week and does not carry a designation heading into Week 5. Meanwhile, Moreau was upgraded to a limited participant in practice on Saturday, which has him trending favorably.
Harrison Butker is once again going to be sidelined for Kansas City after not practicing all week. Meanwhile, JuJu Smith-Schuster's status now bears watching after popped up on the injury report on Saturday due to a quad/hamstring injury that has him officially listed as questionable.