NFL players are getting paid, and many are breaking league records with their offseason deals.
In July, Patrick Mahomes dethroned Russell Wilson as the -- and player -- in the league with a new contract from the Kansas City Chiefs. The 10-year deal worth up to $503 million with incentives is the biggest deal in sports history and the first signing over half a billion dollars.
Another player seeing dollar signs is Christian McCaffrey, who signed a four-year, $64 million contract extension with the Carolina Panthers and is taking home an average of $16 million a year, with $38 million guaranteed. The dual threat, who had 1,000 rushing and 1,000 receiving last season and joined the Madden "99 Club," is now the highest-paid running back.
- Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
- Average annual salary: $45 million
- Guaranteed: $141.428 million
- Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers
- Average annual salary: $16 million
- Guaranteed: $38 million
- George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers
- Average annual salary: $15 million
- Guaranteed: $40 million
- Khalil Mack, outside linebacker, Chicago Bears
- Average annual salary: $23.5 million
- Guaranteed: $90 million
- Eddie Jackson, Chicago Bears
- Average annual salary: $14.6 million
- Guaranteed: $33 million