The Green Bay Packers will enter the 2020 season with high expectations after a 2019 campaign that included 13 regular season wins and a trip to the NFC Championship game under first-year head coach Matt LaFleur. Of course, an odd turn of events in the 2020 NFL Draft has quieted some of the buzz. After all, the Packers traded up with their first-round draft pick to select a player who is expected to a reserve for the entirety of the 2020 season. Still, expectations remain high as the Packers look to capitalize on Aaron Rodgers' window.
Green Bay's over-under has been set at just 9 wins by William Hill Sportsbook, placing the Packers on equal footing with the Minnesota Vikings in the division and behind the Saints, 49ers, Cowboys, Seahawks, Eagles, and Buccaneers in the conference. As they attempt to make their way back to the playoffs and beyond, the Packers will face the following schedule.
- Week 1: Sept. 13 at Vikings, 1 p.m. (Fox)
- Week 2: Sept. 20 vs. Lions, 1 p.m. (Fox)
- Week 3: Sept 27 at Saints, 8:20 p.m. (NBC, SNF)
- Week 4: Oct. 5 vs. Falcons, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN, MNF)
- Week 5: BYE
- Week 6: Oct. 18 at Buccaneers, 4:25 p.m. (Fox)
- Week 7: Oct. 25 at Texans, 1 p.m. (Fox)
- Week 8: Nov. 1 vs. Vikings, 1 p.m. (Fox)
- Week 9: Nov. 5 at 49ers, 8:20 p.m. (Fox/NFL Network/Amazon, TNF)
- Week 10: Nov. 15 vs. Jaguars, 1 p.m. (Fox)
- Week 11: Nov. 22 at Colts, 1 p.m. (Fox)
- Week 12: Nov. 29 vs. Bears, 8:20 p.m. (NBC, SNF)
- Week 13: Dec. 6 vs. Eagles, 4:25 p.m. (Fox)
- Week 14: Dec. 13 at Lions, 1 p.m. (Fox)
- Week 15: Dec. 19 or 20 vs. Panthers, TBD
- Week 16: Dec. 27 vs. Titans, 8:20 p.m. (NBC, SNF)
- Week 17: Jan. 3 at Bears, 1 p.m. (Fox)
The Packers host the division-rival Lions at Lambeau Field in Week 2.
The Pick Six Podcast gang fired up a new episode breaking down every eye-catching aspect of the NFL's schedule release. Give it a listen below, and be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast platform:
As noted above in the schedule breakdown, the Packers will be playing five prime-time games in 2020. They will have two on the road (Saints, 49ers) and three at home (Falcons, Bears, Titans). An annual staple in prime time, the Packers played six night games in 2019, going 4-2 against the Bears, Eagles, Lions, Chiefs, 49ers, and Vikings.
The Packers are 42-24-2 (64 percent) ATS as home favorites since 2011. Find out more about how their schedule shakes out in SportsLine's betting analysis where you'll get game-by-game betting trends and more.
Weeks 6-9: at Buccaneers, at Texans, vs. Vikings, at 49ers -- that will be a bumpy ride. This is a stretch where the Packers play three out of four games on the road, three out of four games against playoff teams from last season, one game against Tom Brady, one against Deshaun Watson, and one against the guy who ran for 6,872 yards against them in the NFC title game last season.
Strength of schedule
Earlier this offseason, John Breech broke down the 2020 strength of schedule for all 32 NFL teams based on combined opponent winning percentage in 2019. After finishing first place in the NFC North, the Packers will face the 15th-toughest strength of schedule in 2020. For a complete look at every team's strength of schedule, .
When basing strength of schedule on the check out the full breakdown here.for each team's opponents during the 2020 season at William Hill, the Packers' schedule also falls in the middle of the pack, ranking as the 16th-easiest in the league. For a complete look at every team's strength of schedule using this methodology,