Through 3 Quarters
Down three at the end of last quarter, the Green Bay Packers have taken the lead. They have emerged as the frontrunner after three quarters and are ahead of the Detroit Lions 28-17. Green Bay took a hit to their ego last week, so a victory here would be a pleasant pick-me-up.
RB Aaron Jones has led the way so far for the Packers, as he has snatched three receiving TDs. Jones had some trouble finding his footing against the New Orleans Saints, so this is a step in the right direction.
Green Bay and Detroit both experienced trouble in their last games, but one is bound to make up for it today. At this point it looks like Green Bay might take this one, but there's still plenty of time for a reversal of fortune.
Detroit @ Green Bay
Current Records: Detroit 0-1; Green Bay 0-1
Last Season Records: Green Bay 13-3; Detroit 5-11
What to Know
The Green Bay Packers won both of their matches against the Detroit Lions last season (42-21 and 31-24) and are aiming for the same result Monday. Green Bay and Detroit will face off in an NFC North battle at 8:15 p.m. ET at Lambeau Field. The Packers are expected to win again but are hoping to meet expectations this time.
There's no need to mince words: Green Bay lost to the New Orleans Saints last week, and they lost bad. The score wound up at 38-3. Green Bay was down 24-3 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. QB Aaron Rodgers had a memorable game, but not in the way you want to be remembered: besides failing to produce a single touchdown, he threw two interceptions with only 133 yards passing.
Meanwhile, Detroit came up short against the San Francisco 49ers last week, falling 41-33. The Lions' defeat shouldn't obscure the performances of QB Jared Goff, who passed for three TDs and 338 yards on 57 attempts, and RB Jamaal Williams, who punched in one rushing touchdown. Goff ended up with a passer rating of 130.30.
These two teams will surely be fighting tooth and nail to get back into the win column after losses last week. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8:15 p.m. ET
- Where: Lambeau Field -- Green Bay, Wisconsin
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $60.00
The Packers are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Lions, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Packers as a 10.5-point favorite.
Green Bay have won seven out of their last 12 games against Detroit.
- Dec 13, 2020 - Green Bay 31 vs. Detroit 24
- Sep 20, 2020 - Green Bay 42 vs. Detroit 21
- Dec 29, 2019 - Green Bay 23 vs. Detroit 20
- Oct 14, 2019 - Green Bay 23 vs. Detroit 22
- Dec 30, 2018 - Detroit 31 vs. Green Bay 0
- Oct 07, 2018 - Detroit 31 vs. Green Bay 23
- Dec 31, 2017 - Detroit 35 vs. Green Bay 11
- Nov 06, 2017 - Detroit 30 vs. Green Bay 17
- Jan 01, 2017 - Green Bay 31 vs. Detroit 24
- Sep 25, 2016 - Green Bay 34 vs. Detroit 27
- Dec 03, 2015 - Green Bay 27 vs. Detroit 23
- Nov 15, 2015 - Detroit 18 vs. Green Bay 16