Detroit @ Green Bay
Current Records: Detroit 0-1; Green Bay 1-0
Last Season Records: Green Bay 13-3; Detroit 3-12-1
What to Know
The Detroit Lions lost both of their matches to the Green Bay Packers last season on scores of 22-23 and 20-23, so they're hoping to turn the tables this season. Detroit and Green Bay will face off in an NFC North battle at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at Lambeau Field. The odds don't look promising for the Lions, but the bigger the opponent is, the harder they fall.
Detroit was first on the board but had to settle for second at the end of their contest against the Chicago Bears last week. Detroit was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap as they fell 27-23 to Chicago. Detroit was up 23-6 at the end of the third quarter but couldn't hold on to the lead. Detroit's defeat came about despite a quality game from RB Adrian Peterson, who picked up 93 yards on the ground on 14 carries.
Special teams collected 11 points for the Lions. Kicker K Matt Prater delivered a perfect 3-for-3 game.
The Packers had to travel to play their first game of the season, and the final result was worth the trip. They took their game against the Minnesota Vikings last week 43-34. Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers was slinging it as he passed for four TDs and 364 yards on 44 attempts. Rodgers ended up with a passer rating of 127.50.
Green Bay's victory lifted them to 1-0 while Detroit's loss dropped them down to 0-1. Both teams might be coming in a bit winded after having run the length of the field multiple times in their most recent games.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Lambeau Field -- Green Bay, Wisconsin
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $239.40
The Packers are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Lions, according to the latest NFL odds.
Vegas had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Packers as a 6-point favorite.
Green Bay and Detroit both have five wins in their last ten games.
- Dec 29, 2019 - Green Bay 23 vs. Detroit 20
- Oct 14, 2019 - Green Bay 23 vs. Detroit 22
- Dec 30, 2018 - Detroit 31 vs. Green Bay 0
- Oct 07, 2018 - Detroit 31 vs. Green Bay 23
- Dec 31, 2017 - Detroit 35 vs. Green Bay 11
- Nov 06, 2017 - Detroit 30 vs. Green Bay 17
- Jan 01, 2017 - Green Bay 31 vs. Detroit 24
- Sep 25, 2016 - Green Bay 34 vs. Detroit 27
- Dec 03, 2015 - Green Bay 27 vs. Detroit 23
- Nov 15, 2015 - Detroit 18 vs. Green Bay 16
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Davante Adams: 15.23 points
- Aaron Jones: 14.81 points
- Aaron Rodgers: 23.66 points