Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2017 finalists: Tomlinson headlines list of 15
Finalists will need to receive at least 80 percent support from the 46-person selection committee
The Pro Football Hall of Fame's list of nominees for induction in 2017 has officially been trimmed from 94 to 15.
In November, the list was cut to 26 candidates and, in January, the 15 finalists for the class of 2017 were announced on NFL Network. It shouldn't come as a shock to hear that LaDainian Tomlinson headlines the list:
- LaDainian Tomlinson (running back for the Chargers and Jets)
- Brian Dawkins (safety for the Eagles and Broncos)
- Jason Taylor (defensive end for the Dolphins, Jets, and Redskins)
- Morten Andersen (kicker for the Saints, Falcons, Chiefs, Vikings, and Giants)
- Kurt Warner (quarterback for the Rams, Cardinals, and Giants)
- Don Coryell (coach of the St. Louis Cardinals and Chargers)
- Tony Boselli (tackle for the Jaguars)
- Isaac Bruce (receiver for the Rams and 49ers)
Terrell Davis (running back for the Broncos)
Alan Faneca (guard for the Steelers, Jets, and Cardinals)
Joe Jacoby (tackle for the Redskins)
Ty Law (cornerback for the Patriots, Jets, Chiefs, and Broncos)
- John Lynch (safety for the Buccaneers and Broncos)
- Kevin Mawae (center and guard for the Seahawks, Jets, and Titans)
- Terrell Owens (receiver for the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills, and Bengals)
The 15 candidates will be considered for induction along with Seahawks safety Kenny Easley, who was selected as the Seniors Committee finalist in August, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue -- both of whom were named contributor finalists.
Wondering how the rest of the process will play out? Our John Breech has you covered:
To be inducted in 2017, a finalist needs to receive at least 80 percent support from the 46-person selection committee, which will meet Feb. 4. The official Hall of Fame announcement will be made during a television special on Fox that will air the night before Super Bowl LI.
Under bylaws of the HOF, a minimum of four people have to be inducted each year, with a maximum of eight.
So, who ya got?
Pick Six Newsletter
Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Jones has not participated in any virtual OTAs this offseason
Forecasting where nine of the best unsigned veterans could wind up
Here's what actually happened on draft day; Green Bay should just own it
Can this Titans roster make it back to the AFC Championship Game? We break it down for 2020
Cleveland has built functional competition at nearly every position
The ticking of the clock just got a bit louder, but the Cowboys were already hard at work
Here's the perfect way to keep track of all your schedule leaks and updates in one place
CBS Sports is bringing you live updates and analysis as the 2020 NFL Draft wraps up on Saturday
Live scores, highlights and updates from the Jaguars vs. Colts football game