Through 3 Quarters
The Pittsburgh Steelers were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Cincinnati Bengals as Pittsburgh lead 29-7. QB Ben Roethlisberger has led the way so far for the Steelers, as he has passed for three TDs and 320 yards on 44 attempts.
Pittsburgh has been led by Roethlisberger, who so far has passed for three TDs and 320 yards on 44 attempts. Roethlisberger has been efficient, with a passer rating of 140.40.
Pittsburgh and Cincinnati came into this matchup with previous-game wins. After we'll see if Pittsburgh has enough left in the tank to claim the victory or if the Bengals will come out on top yet again.
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Current Records: Cincinnati 2-5-1; Pittsburgh 8-0
What to Know
The Pittsburgh Steelers are 8-0 against the Cincinnati Bengals since September of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Sunday. Pittsburgh and Cincinnati will face off in an AFC North battle at 4:25 p.m. ET at Heinz Field. The Steelers are currently enjoying a perfect season and are looking to extend their dominance.
Pittsburgh didn't have too much breathing room in their game with the Dallas Cowboys last week, but they still walked away with a 24-19 victory. Pittsburgh QB Ben Roethlisberger was slinging it as he passed for three TDs and 306 yards on 42 attempts. Roethlisberger ended up with a passer rating of 153.80.
Meanwhile, Cincinnati beat the Tennessee Titans 31-20 two weeks ago. Cincinnati's RB Giovani Bernard looked sharp as he punched in one rushing touchdown in addition to snatching one receiving TD.
The Steelers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. Those burned by picking them against the spread last week might want to keep in mind that the squad has not yet dropped back-to-back games against the spread this season.
The wins brought Pittsburgh up to 8-0 and the Bengals to 2-5-1. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Pittsburgh ranks first in the NFL when it comes to rushing touchdowns allowed, with only five on the season. Less enviably, Cincinnati is stumbling into the contest with the fourth most rushing yards allowed per game in the league, having given up 144.3 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: Heinz Field -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $88.88
The Steelers are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Bengals, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Steelers as a 7.5-point favorite.
Pittsburgh have won ten out of their last 11 games against Cincinnati.
- Nov 24, 2019 - Pittsburgh 16 vs. Cincinnati 10
- Sep 30, 2019 - Pittsburgh 27 vs. Cincinnati 3
- Dec 30, 2018 - Pittsburgh 16 vs. Cincinnati 13
- Oct 14, 2018 - Pittsburgh 28 vs. Cincinnati 21
- Dec 04, 2017 - Pittsburgh 23 vs. Cincinnati 20
- Oct 22, 2017 - Pittsburgh 29 vs. Cincinnati 14
- Dec 18, 2016 - Pittsburgh 24 vs. Cincinnati 20
- Sep 18, 2016 - Pittsburgh 24 vs. Cincinnati 16
- Jan 09, 2016 - Pittsburgh 18 vs. Cincinnati 16
- Dec 13, 2015 - Pittsburgh 33 vs. Cincinnati 20
- Nov 01, 2015 - Cincinnati 16 vs. Pittsburgh 10
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- James Conner: 11.4 points
- Tyler Boyd: 9.21 points
- Giovani Bernard: 9.21 points