This dude Trevor Siemian is the only QB left on the Broncos roster
Who is Trevor Siemian? Here's everything you need to know about the only QB left on the Broncos roster.
Peyton Manning retired. Brock Osweiler signed with the Texans. John Elway is a general manager. Gary Kubiak is a head coach. Tim Tebow is lip syncing. The only quarterback left on the Denver Broncos' roster is this dude named Trevor Siemian.
The dude in the background of the Osweiler photo. Let's run through his NFL career so far:
- Siemian was the 250th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. (There were 256 picks made)
- Peyton made fun of Siemian's hair ("a borderline mullet"), email address (@u.northwestern.edu), and attire (Peach Bowl gear, QB10 combine sweatshirt) during the preseason.
- Siemian has one career rushing attempt for -1 yards. (He kneeled to end the first half during the Broncos' 27-20 loss to the Steelers in Week 15)
- That's it.
OK. Not much to work on there. Let's take a look at his college accomplishments:
- Threw for 5,931 yards and 27 touchdowns at Northwestern. Wow! That's really good. Way to go, Trevs.
- Wait. Nope. Scratch that. That's the total for all four years at Northwestern. FYI: 27 touchdowns would've been tied for the second-lowest total for a single NFL season in Manning's career before 2015 happened.
Let's not pile on Ole Trevs (that's his nickname now) here, though. It's not his fault the two guys ahead of him on the depth chart left within a week, and it's extremely unlikely that he'll actually enter the season atop the depth chart. The Broncos plucked him in the seventh round to presumably develop him as a backup option, and that's what he'll likely remain. Whether he's backing up a veteran free agent or trade acquisition, or someone they acquire in the draft, that's still the most likely path. For now, though, he's the only guy in town, so we figured you should know at least a bit about him.
Pick Six Newsletter
Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Join our Free $1,000,000 Parlay Challenge
Murray was sacked eight times and put up the fewest yards in NFL history for a QB that completed...
The talented former first-round pick will again miss a chunk of an NFL season with injury
Pete Carroll had a tough day
If not for poor play by the Dolphins receivers, it might've been a big day for Rosen in his...
This is brutal news for a second consecutive season, and for one of the more talented young...
SportsLine's Mike McClure, a DFS pro with almost $2M in winnings, gives optimal lineup advice.