Through 1 Quarter
The Kansas City Chiefs are ahead after one, as expected, but they'll have to keep working the rest of the way. It's anybody's game after one quarter, but the Chiefs are ahead of the Denver Broncos 10-6. Both teams won their last games, so Kansas City is looking to continue their success while spoiling Denver's.
Kansas City has been relying on RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who has punched in one rushing touchdown, and WR Mecole Hardman, who has caught two passes for 57 yards. Hardman had some trouble finding his footing against the Buffalo Bills last Monday, so this is a step in the right direction.
Kansas City has yet to string together two consecutive wins, but this may be their chance. For now, all signs point to yes.
Kansas City @ Denver
Current Records: Kansas City 5-1; Denver 2-3
What to Know
The Kansas City Chiefs are 8-0 against the Denver Broncos since November of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Sunday. Kansas City is on the road again Sunday and plays against Denver at 4:25 p.m. ET Oct. 25 at Empower Field at Mile High. The Chiefs won both of their matches against the Broncos last season (30-6 and 23-3) and are aiming for the same result this time around.
Kansas City ran circles around the Buffalo Bills last Monday, and the extra yardage (466 yards vs. 206 yards) paid off. Kansas City took their matchup against Buffalo 26-17. Kansas City's RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire looked sharp as he picked up 161 yards on the ground on 26 carries.
Meanwhile, Denver didn't have too much breathing room in their contest with the New England Patriots last week, but they still walked away with an 18-12 win. Denver couldn't find the end zone and got their points from six field goals.
Special teams was responsible for all of the team's points. K Brandon McManus delivered a perfect 6-for-6 game.
Kansas City is the favorite in this one, with an expected 7-point margin of victory. Those interested in the spread don't face an easy decision since they are 4-2 ATS and Denver 4-1.
The wins brought the Chiefs up to 5-1 and the Broncos to 2-3. Kansas City is 3-1 after wins this year, Denver 1-0.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: Empower Field at Mile High -- Denver, Colorado
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $184.00
The Chiefs are a solid 7-point favorite against the Broncos, according to the latest NFL odds.
Bettors have moved against the Chiefs slightly, as the game opened with the Chiefs as a 9-point favorite.
Kansas City have won nine out of their last ten games against Denver.
- Dec 15, 2019 - Kansas City 23 vs. Denver 3
- Oct 17, 2019 - Kansas City 30 vs. Denver 6
- Oct 28, 2018 - Kansas City 30 vs. Denver 23
- Oct 01, 2018 - Kansas City 27 vs. Denver 23
- Dec 31, 2017 - Kansas City 27 vs. Denver 24
- Oct 30, 2017 - Kansas City 29 vs. Denver 19
- Dec 25, 2016 - Kansas City 33 vs. Denver 10
- Nov 27, 2016 - Kansas City 30 vs. Denver 27
- Nov 15, 2015 - Kansas City 29 vs. Denver 13
- Sep 17, 2015 - Denver 31 vs. Kansas City 24
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Patrick Mahomes: 25.86 points
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire: 12.21 points
- Travis Kelce: 9.82 points