Denver @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Denver 5-9; Los Angeles 5-9
What to Know
The Los Angeles Chargers haven't won a contest against the Denver Broncos since Dec. 30 of 2018, but they'll be looking to end the drought Sunday. The Chargers and Denver will face off in an AFC West battle at 4:05 p.m. ET at SoFi Stadium. Los Angeles should still be riding high after a victory, while the Broncos will be looking to regain their footing.
It may have taken overtime to finish the job, but Los Angeles ultimately got the result they were hoping for last Thursday with a 30-27 win over the Las Vegas Raiders. The team accrued 17 points in the first half and coasted on those for the win. Los Angeles' QB Justin Herbert did his thing and passed for two TDs and 314 yards on 32 attempts in addition to punching in one rushing touchdown. Los Angeles' victory came on a one-yard rush from Herbert with only 1:32 remaining in overtime.
Meanwhile, the Broncos found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 48-19 punch to the gut against the Buffalo Bills last week. Denver was down 38-13 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Denver's defeat came about despite a quality game from RB Melvin Gordon, who punched in two rushing touchdowns.
Denver and the Chargers now sit at an identical 5-9. Neither team can make the playoffs, so they're playing for draft order now.
This next game is expected to be close, with Los Angeles going off at just a 2.5-point favorite. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
Two numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: The Chargers are fifth worst in the NFL in rushing touchdowns, with only ten on the season. Denver has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the third most rushing touchdowns allowed in the league, having given up 20 on the season. We'll see if their defense can keep Los Angeles' running backs out of the end zone.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:05 p.m. ET
- Where: SoFi Stadium -- Inglewood, California
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Chargers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Broncos, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Chargers as a 3-point favorite.
Denver have won eight out of their last 11 games against Los Angeles.
- Nov 01, 2020 - Denver 31 vs. Los Angeles 30
- Dec 01, 2019 - Denver 23 vs. Los Angeles 20
- Oct 06, 2019 - Denver 20 vs. Los Angeles 13
- Dec 30, 2018 - Los Angeles 23 vs. Denver 9
- Nov 18, 2018 - Denver 23 vs. Los Angeles 22
- Oct 22, 2017 - Los Angeles 21 vs. Denver 0
- Sep 11, 2017 - Denver 24 vs. Los Angeles 21
- Oct 30, 2016 - Denver 27 vs. Los Angeles 19
- Oct 13, 2016 - Los Angeles 21 vs. Denver 13
- Jan 03, 2016 - Denver 27 vs. Los Angeles 20
- Dec 06, 2015 - Denver 17 vs. Los Angeles 3
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Austin Ekeler: 11.01 points
- Justin Herbert: 22.86 points
- Melvin Gordon: 10.8 points