Week 10 playoff picture projections
After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs. Week 10 sees the Steelers hanging around, but maybe because there just isn't a better option in the AFC right now.
|Would the Steelers be able to hang in the playoff hunt with Byron Leftwich under center? (US Presswire)|
Editor's note: After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs, ranked in order by seed.
Playoff picture projections: Week 10
1. Houston Texans (South champion)
2. Baltimore Ravens (North champion)
3. New England Patriots (East champion)
4. Denver Broncos (West champion)
5. Indianapolis Colts (Wild card No. 1)
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (Wild card No. 2)
1. Atlanta Falcons (South champion)
2. Chicago Bears (North champion)
3. San Francisco 49ers (West champion)
4. New York Giants (East champion)
5. Green Bay Packers (Wild card No. 1)
6. Seattle Seahawks (Wild card No. 2)
I have the Steelers in the sixth spot. But if Ben Roethlisberger is out for any length of time, that could change.
The problem is this: There is nobody in the AFC to take that spot. Can Cincinnati Bengals get it going? The New York Jets ? The Miami Dolphins get back on track? Los Angeles Chargers ? Who?
Can the NFL move an NFC team over to take that spot? Didn't think so.
The Ravens and Jaguars head across to pond to play an early-morning game in Wembley Stadiu...
It appears that Darrelle Revis is one of the NFL's most popular free agents right now
The former Bills coach had harsh words for President Trump: 'I never signed up for that'
The NFL could be in for a historic day on Sunday in the wake of Trump's remarks
Robert Kraft was 'deeply disappointed' in comments made by Donald Trump
Everything you need to know heading into Week 1 is right here