Week 6 NFL injury reports, picks, Fantasy: Mariota, Stafford listed as questionable
Here's every official injury designation for each NFL team for Week 6
It's Week 6 in the NFL, and two teams are looking to get their quarterbacks back on the field after struggling without them last week.
The Raiders had no answer for the Ravens at home in Week 5, quickly falling behind 14-0 with EJ Manuel under center en route to a 30-14 loss. Derek Carr had been limited in practice this week, but he practiced in full on Friday and will be under center for the team on Sunday.
On Monday night, we could see two backup quarterbacks square off in the Colts-Titans matchup. The Colts definitely won't have Andrew Luck back for the game, while Marcus Mariota is hoping to play after being limited by a hamstring injury this week. Without him, the Titans fell to the Dolphins and their go-nowhere offense 16-10 in Week 5. The Titans listed Mariota as questionable on their final injury report on Saturday.
Injuries must be accounted for when making Fantasy and picks pool/gambling decisions, and we've taken care of a lot of the legwork for you by collecting all the final injury reports in one place. Below you'll see the game status of every player on each team's injury report if they're ruled questionable or worse a few minutes after they're in. We'll also give quick thoughts on how those designations affect your decisions for Week 6.
Before we get to the injuries, here are some Week 6 Fantasy resources to give you even more help with setting your lineups:
And if you're undecided about who you should back in picks pools or at the sportsbook, here are our Week 6 picks:
- Computer simulations, expert picks and more from SportsLine
- Pick Six Podcast: Every Week 6 game, plus best bets (subscribe)
- Prisco's best bets: Steelers rebound
- Prisco's picks for
- Brinson's best bets: Trust the Jaguars
- Brinson's picks for
- Breech's picks for
- Picks straight up and against the spread from the CBS Sports staff
On to the injuries as they develop. Check back throughout Friday (and check back Saturday for the Monday night game):
Browns at Texans
- Browns: LB James Burgess DOUBTFUL; WR Kenny Britt, OT Shon Coleman, C JC Tretter QUESTIONABLE
- Texans: RB Jordan Todman, LB Ben Heeney, CB Kevin Johnson, DB Corey Moore OUT; C Greg Mancz, LB Bernardrick McKinney QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: The Browns defense continues to get healthier with Jamie Collins ready to return and pair with No. 1 pick Myles Garrett to give the team's pass rush a huge boost. Britt's absence isn't a big loss for the offense. The Texans are of course down J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus in addition to their other back seven injuries on that side of the ball. A depleted Houston defense should give new Browns starting quarterback Kevin Hogan a better chance to succeed on the road.
Patriots at Jets
- Patriots: RB Rex Burkhead, LB Harvey Langi, CB Stephon Gilmore, CB Eric Rowe OUT
- Jets: RB Bilal Powell, DE Muhammad Wilkerson QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: The Patriots head into this matchup much healthier than they looked earlier in the week when Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski missed practice despite the team having extra rest off a Monday night matchup. Both practiced in full Friday. Burkhead and Gilmore ruled ruled out on Saturday, as was Langi, who was injured in a car accident on Friday night. Powell and Wilkerson were both unable to practice on Friday, and both seem unlikely to play as a result despite being listed as questionable. The Jets ground game will have Matt Forte, who has battled turf toe for multiple weeks.
Dolphins at Falcons
- Dolphins: WR DeVante Parker DOUBTFUL; CB Byron Maxwell, CB Xavien Howard QUESTIONABLE
- Falcons: WR Mohamed Sanu, DL Courtney Upshaw, LB Jermaine Grace OUT; K Matt Bryant QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: The Dolphins are going to be without one of their key pass-catchers after Parker missed the entire week of practice with an ankle injury, putting more pressure on Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills and Jakeem Grant to find success on a passing attack that has had little this year. Sanu remains out for the Falcons coming out of the bye, but star receiver Julio Jones is good to go. Fantasy owners are left in a pickle with Bryant, who managed a limited practice on Friday, questionable with a back injury.
Lions at Saints
- Lions: LB Paul Worrilow OUT; QB Matthew Stafford, RB Dwayne Washington, WR Kenny Golladay, OT Rick Wagner, G T.J. Lang, DE Ezekiel Ansah QUESTIONABLE
- Saints: WR Willie Snead, OT Terron Armstead, G Andrus Peat QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: The Lions have a ton of key personnel listed as questionable for this game. Stafford is battling an ankle injury but was able to practice in full all week. Golladay was limited all week and may not be ready to return. Wagner was limited all week and Lang managed just one limited practice; not having either would be a big blow to the Lions offense. The Saints are getting healthy coming out of the bye, with Snead and two key offensive linemen trending in the right direction for Sunday.
Packers at Vikings
- Packers: LB Joe Thomas, S Morgan Burnett OUT; LB Ahmad Brooks, CB Kevin King DOUBTFUL; RB Ty Montgomery, OT David Bakhtiari, OT Bryan Bulaga, CB Davon House QUESTIONABLE
- Vikings: QB Sam Bradford, WR Stefon Diggs, G Nick Easton OUT; S Andrew Sendejo QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: Montgomery was able to practice in full this week while recovering from his rib injury, and he seems likely to mix in with rookie Aaron Jones in the Green Bay backfield. While still dealing with injuries to their starting tackles, Green Bay's biggest issues come on the defensive side, which could make things easier for the Vikings offense. Unfortunately for Minnesota, Diggs will be missing from the offensive attack, whick will be led by Case Keenum after Bradford aggravated his injury in Monday's game.
Bears at Ravens
- Bears: WR Markus Wheaton, LB John Timu OUT; C Hroniss Grasu, ILB Nick Kwiatkoski QUESTIONABLE
- Ravens: RB Terrance West, OL Matt Skura OUT; DT Brandon Williams, LB Tim Williams DOUBTFUL; WR Jeremy Maclin, WR Breshad Perriman, TE Maxx Williams, DT Carl Davis, LB Anthony Levine, CB Jimmy Smith, CB Jaylen Hill QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: The Ravens have been one of the most banged-up teams in the NFL this year, and that continues on this week's injury report. With West out, Buck Allen and Alex Collins will continue to split touches at the position. The continued absence of run-stuffer Brandon Williams could open up things for the Bears' rushing attack. Maclin was limited in practice Friday, while Perriam was a full participant. The Bears are down another receiver but get back Danny Trevathan after his one-game suspension.
49ers at Redskins
- 49ers: FB Kyle Juszczyk OUT; LB Reuben Foster, LB Dekoda Watson, CB Ahkello Witherspoon, S Eric Reid, S Adrian Colbert QUESTIONABLE
- Redskins: OT Ty Nsekhe, CB Josh Norman OUT; RB Rob Kelley, S Deshazor Everett DOUBTFUL; OT Trent Williams QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: Foster is getting healthier for the 49ers, and due to his impending return, the teamwith veteran NaVorro Bowman on Friday. Week 5 breakout TE George Kittle was limited with a chest injury this week but upgraded to full Friday, and he's a go for this matchup. With Kelley likely sidelined for this one, rookie Samaje Perine should see a healthy amount of carries in a game where Washington is a heavy favorite. He could be leaned on in the second half if his team is up big as expected.
Rams at Jaguars
- Rams: CB Troy Hill DOUBTFUL; LB Mark Barron, S Lamarcus Joyner QUESTIONABLE
- Jaguars: C Brandon Linder OUT; WR Arrelious Benn, DL Patrick Omameh QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: The Rams are pretty healthy for this cross-country matchup as they look to slow down Leonard Fournette and find an answer for the Jaguars' elite pass defense. The Jaguars will be down at least one player on the offensive line, but Leonard Fournette, Marqise Lee and Jalen Ramsey were all upgraded to a full practice on Friday and are off the injury report, giving the Jaguars a much better chance to come out of this matchup with a win.
Buccaneers at Cardinals
- Buccaneers: DE Ryan Russell, LB Kwon Alexander, S Keith Tandy, S Josh Robinson OUT; C Ali Marpet, DE Robert Ayers, LB Lavonte David, S T.J. Ward QUESTIONABLE
- Cardinals: DL Olsen Pierre OUT; OT Jared Veldheer, DL Robert Nkemdiche, DL Corey Peters, LB Karlos Dansby, CB Patrick Peterson QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: The Bucs still have a mountain of injuries on the defensive side of the ball as they head west to face the Cardinals. Ayers and Marpet were upgraded to full for Friday's practice, improving their outlook for this game. David and Ward have been limited all week. The Cardinals have their own defensive issues to worry about after all five of their questionable players, including star corner Peterson, were limited all week in practice. John Brown, J.J. Nelson and Alex Boone were among seven Cardinals players upgraded to a full practice on Friday and taken off the injury report.
Steelers at Chiefs
- Steelers: G Ramon Foster QUESTIONABLE
- Chiefs: WR Chris Conley, G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, C Mitch Morse, S Steven Terrell OUT
Analysis: Looking to rebound off an embarrassing loss, the Steelers are remarkably healthy coming into this huge matchup with the undefeated Chiefs. Right tackle Marcus Gilbert, whose absence was felt against the Jaguars, is ready to return after practicing in full this week. Blocking tight end Chris Hubbard had been filling in for Gilbert. The Chiefs have four players out, but it could have been much worse, as Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill and Albert Wilson are all good to go after popping up on the injury report this week. The Chiefs will also have Justin Houston, Dee Ford and Bennie Logan available on defense, making the prospects of a rebound for the Steelers offense tougher.
Chargers at Raiders
- Chargers: RB Branden Oliver, WR Mike Williams, OT Joe Barksdale, LB Javatis Brown QUESTIONABLE
- Raiders: RB Jamize Olawale, LB Marquel Lee, CB Gareon Conley, CB Antonio Hamilton OUT; RB DeAndre Washington, LB Cory James, CB David Amerson QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: Carr is back after missing one week with a back injury that was expected to sideline him for 2-6 weeks. He'll look to get the offense back on track against the Chargers. Amari Cooper is also off the injury report after practicing in full Friday. Chargers No. 1 pick Mike Williams is on track to make his season debut after working his way back from a back injury over the first five weeks of the season. Everyone on the team's injury report was at least able to practice some this week, making the Chargers one of the league's healthier teams.
Giants at Broncos
- Giants: RB Paul Perkins, WR Sterling Shepard, C Weston Richburg, DE Olivier Vernon, DE Romeo Okwara, LB Jonathan Casillas OUT; S Landon Collins QUESTIONABLE
- Broncos: QB Paxton Lynch, WR Cody Latimer OUT
Analysis: The Giants are of course down three more receivers, including star Odell Beckham, in addition to Shepard, leaving them to look for production at the position from players such as Roger Lewis, Travis Rudolph and Tavarres King. The injury issues extend beyond the receiver position, with Richburg's absence limiting an already poor line and Vernon unable to help on the other side of the ball. With Perkins out, Orleans Darkwa and Wayne Gallman should lead the rushing attack. Unlike the Giants, the Broncos come into this matchup healthy off their bye, only missing two depth pieces on offense.
Colts at Titans
- Colts: QB Andrew Luck, G Jack Mewhort, ILB Anthony Walker OUT; ILB Jon Bostic QUESTIONABLE
- Titans: WR Corey Davis, S Johnathan Cyprien OUT; QB Marcus Mariota, LB Daren Bates QUESTIONABLE
Analysis: Luck remains out as expected, but not only will the Colts not have Mewhort on the offensive line, the guard will be placed on injured reserve with a knee injury, per Chuck Pagano. On the positive side, Jack Doyle has been cleared from a concussion and neck issues and will return on Monday. Mariota was limited in practice throughout the week as he recovers from a hamstring injury. Mike Mularkey called him a gametime decision for Monday.
The former Patriots tight end is apparently hanging up his cleats for good
Odell Beckham being sued for millions of dollars
Police believe that three men robbed Gronk's house in February
Find out how Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds and the rest of the top linebackers stack up
Rod Woodson seems to be picking a fight with his former team
Suh has gotten offers from multiple contenders, but the Jets may be offering the most mone...