Week 9 playoff picture projections
After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs. Week 9 sees the Giants sliding down the seed order after a loss to Pittsburgh.
|The Steelers and Giants remain in the hunt, but Pittsburgh puts a small dent in the champions' armor. (US Presswire)|
Editor's note: After each week of the NFL regular season, Pete Prisco will update his predictions for which teams will make the playoffs, ranked in order by seed.
Playoff picture projections: Week 9
1. Houston Texans (South champion)
2. New England Patriots (East champion)
3. Denver Broncos (West champion)
4. Baltimore Ravens (North champion)
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (wild card No. 1)
6. Indianapolis Colts (wild card No. 2)
1. Atlanta Falcons (South champion)
2. Chicago Bears (North champion)
3. San Francisco 49ers (West champion)
4. New York Giants (East champion)
5. Green Bay Packers (wild card No. 1)
6. Seattle Seahawks (wild card No. 2)
There isn't a lot of change this week, although the Giants have dropped down in terms of seeding after their loss to the Steelers.
Speaking of the Steelers, watch out for them in the AFC. They are coming on.
As for a team to watch on the outside right now, it's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They are 4-4 and playing some explosive offense.
Here's an up-to-date look at the 2018 Pro Bowl roster
Bettors are favoring the Eagles to keep Super Bowl LII close, but the Patriots remain clear...
Here's everything you need to know about Super Bowl LII
Here's a look at the NFL's entire postseason schedule for 2018
Here's all the details you need to know on watching Super Bowl LII between the Patriots and...
All of the information you need to know about the 2018 Super Bowl