NHL Daily Fix: Dubinsky has hearing, Shanahan explains nonsuspensions
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Wednesday where Brandon Dubinsky has a hearing with the league and Brendan Shanahan explains some nonsuspensions.
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• The above hit from Columbus' Brandon Dubinsky that earned him a match penalty Tuesday night seemed like one that would draw the attention of Brendan Shanahan. According to Nick Kypreos, that's exactly what's going to happen. Dubinsky has a date with the chief disciplinarian.
• Speaking of Shanahan, we're used to him breaking down and detailing why all the suspensions were hits worthy of a ban, but we don't often hear why some hits weren't worthy. He explained a couple of them Tuesday, including the Brad Stuart/Gabriel Landeskog hit. (NHL.com)
• The latest edition of Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts is out, leading off this week with Stephen Weiss' future with the Panthers and going in 30 different directions after that, as usual. (CBC)
• The Awards Show in Las Vegas at the end of the year has become a staple in the NHL, but don't look for it this year. Just this year. The shortened season means the Vegas plans have to be scrapped. (ESPN.com)
• Phil Kessel has struggled to start the season: He just can't score. Alex Ovechkin was asked and gave Kessel a little advice before their game on Tuesday night. Is it just me, or is it rich that a player who might be having an even rougher start despite having two goals this season is giving Kessel advice? (Washington Times)
Boston at Montreal (7:30 ET, NBC Sports Net)
Anaheim at Colorado (9:30 ET)
Dallas at Edmonton (10 ET)
The former Boston Bruin was the first black player to play in the NHL
Inclement weather led to the Charlotte Checkers and Bridgeport Sound Tigers playing in front...
The NHL chose the Detroit rocker as its All-Star Game entertainment and not everyone is th...
NHL fans from all over seem to agree on one thing: Hating Kid Rock
The team tweeted on Monday that Shaw would be re-evaluated in 7-10 days
The Montreal forward was hospitalized after taking a Zdeno Chara slap shot to the head