NHL Daily Fix: Habs make fool of rookie; Max Talbot breaks leg
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Monday: The Canadiens pulled a prank on a rookie, Max Talbot has a broken leg and tragedy out of Kazakhstan.
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• Just awful news from Kazakhstan on Sunday. Pro player Dmitri Uchaykin died after being hospitalized from a hit to the head during a game played Saturday. He slipped into a coma and died from a brain hemorrage. Ucahykin, 33, leaves behind his pregnant wife and a daughter. (The Hockey House)
• Sidney Crosby's presence in Pittsburgh alone helped allure Jarome Iginla to the Penguins but was there some tampering involved? From the league's perspective, the answer will probably be no. But it's still a question worth asking. (CBC)
• More bad news for the Flyers. Max Talbot is out for the remainder of the season after breaking his leg. (Flyers) The injury came on a failed hit attempt on the Capitals' Mike Green on Sunday. (YouTube)
• Meanwhile, Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov got a little upset when the Flyers fell down to the Caps 4-2. So he chucked his water bottle toward the bench. Nice throwing motion, Bryz. I hear Eagles tryouts are soon. (The Flyers did come back to win 5-4 in OT.)
• The Dallas Stars might have only lost 3-2 on Sunday night, but they were dominated by the Kings, being outshot 40-15. Coach Glen Gulutzan was not happy and is challenging his team to respond right now. (The Dallas Morning News)
• Ever wonder what it looks like inside an NHL clubhouse? The Phoenix Coyotes take you inside their facility from the stick rack to the stick room, the changing room to the showers. All the while, you're led by Paul Bissonnette and Keith Yandle for some comedy thrown in. (AZCentral.com)
NY Islanders at New Jersey (7 ET)
Winnipeg at NY Rangers (7 ET)
Carolina at Montreal (7:30 ET)
Colorado at Detroit (7:30 ET, NBC Sports Net)
St. Louis at Minnesota (8 ET)
Anaheim at Dallas (8:30 ET)
Nashville at Chicago (8:30 ET)
Calgary at Edmonton (9:30 ET)
Vancouver at San Jose (10:30 ET)
It's time to hook your favorite NHL fan up with some Black Friday deals
The Lightning have Steven Stamkos to thank, and the Blues should be extra grateful for Brayden...
The Sabres will face the Rangers at Citi Field on New Year's Day in these sharp threads
SportsLine's Mike McClure, a DFS pro with more than $1M in winnings, gives optimal lineup...
Without the star power of the NHL, America is banking on big contributions from some AHL, KHL...
Lincoln Financial Field will play host to the annual outdoor game on Feb. 23, 2019