NHL Daily Fix: Joe Thornton, Jamie Benn fight; Brad Richards buyout?
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action. Here's what's going on Sunday: Talk of a Brad Richards buyout, more trash talk between Maple Leafs and Senators and a Joe Thornton/Jamie Benn fight.
The NHL Daily Fix is your morning wakeup call, with news and notes for the day's hockey action.
• Let's start this the same way writer Larry Brooks does and say this is nothing more than pure speculation. Could the Rangers consider using an amnesty buyout on Brad Richards? (New York Post)
• There's been a lot of noise out of Ottawa about injuries and rightfully so; the Senators have had probably worse luck than any other team so far. But Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle doesn't want to hear it. (Ottawa Sun)
• How are things going in San Jose? That seven-game win streak to start the season was a loooong time ago. (San Jose Mercury News)
• Want to see more scoring? Some proposed ideas from Kevin Paul Dupont with Mike Milbury's thoughts. (Boston Globe)
• For those who missed but want to see it, Coach's Corner from Saturday night:
Boston at Florida (3 ET, NHL Net)
Vancouver at Detroit (5 ET)
Winnipeg at New Jersey (5 ET)
Carolina at N.Y. Islanders (7 ET)
Columbus at Chicago (7 ET)
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh (7:30 ET, NBC Sports Net)
Phoenix at Calgary (8 ET)
Colorado at Anaheim (8 ET)
The University of Denver star and Hobey Baker Award winner is drawing interest
Intrigue is high in Arizona after a wild offseason, but expectations should still be tempe...
Players are set to give personalized messages for Adidas' former hockey equipment brand
The 40-year-old center is returning to the Wild after a successful run in Pittsburgh
Edmonton locks up its 21-year-old RFA a month after McDavid's historic extension
Even with a new coach and added veteran help, the Canucks have a long road ahead